Wound on wattle

Newchickenmamaa

In the Brooder
May 8, 2023
My chicken has a wound on her wattle. Im new to chickens so im still learning but im curious on what I can put on her wattle that is safe for her?
Thank you

You can flush the wound with Betadine, pat dry with a paper towel and then apply regular Neosporin to the wound.
If you get a chance, post a photo of the wound.

You can flush the wound with Betadine, pat dry with a paper towel and then apply regular Neosporin to the wound.
If you get a chance, post a photo of the wound.
I’ll have to get some of that. Unfortunately I only have peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Either one of them safe to use? I snapped a few best I could get since she’s not happy being separated from her sisters at the moment but a few kept pecking so the separation I felt was needed until I can get her together.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1388.png
    IMG_1388.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Blu-kote is also an antibiotic. It stains the area blue/purple, hiding the blood and discouraging further pecking. It can be found at most farm stores.

I wouldnt spray it directly. Spray some on a paper towel or solo cup and dab on with a cotton swab.

Blu-kote is also an antibiotic. It stains the area blue/purple, hiding the blood and discouraging further pecking. It can be found at most farm stores.

I wouldnt spray it directly. Spray some on a paper towel or solo cup and dab on with a cotton swab.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom