Wow, can people really be that stupid?

Stupid is, as stupid does. I truely believe that statement. And the sad thing is.....they're multiplying.

We have another statement we have around here.....Stupid people should not breed!

I saw where you live and thought, "I hope people from other states post too, so it's not just Pennsylvanians running out in the middle of the road!"
gig.gif

Quote:
Okay, I am gonna play devils advocate here for a minute(its a streach for me), but if it was a true emergency, why didnt you dial 911? In a true emergency driving yourself or the injured party to the hospital often is not best. How are the people driving the speed limit(you stated that you were doing 35 in a 25 zone) suppose to know that you are taking a hurt person to the ER, and not just some highschooler trying to get to your buddies house since he just called and said his parents were not homei, a salesman on his way to his 10 appt, and its 9:55(insert any other option here). Unless you have flashing lights red/white/blue you are just another driver that is driving like a bat out of ?????(I forget where the bat came from), that thinks wherever they are headed is more important than driving safely. Since there are kids and adults in the street I would have to assume it is a residential neighbourhood (thus the 25 MPH zone). I will agree with you that kids should be taught at an early age that when you put someone behind the wheel of 2000lbs of steel they think everyone should get out of thier way, so get off the street before they mow you down.

Our local college is located almost smack dab in the middle of town, and those students step out in front of you, and then give you a dirty look if you have to brake a little. I am amazed that no one has been hurt . . .a girl did get hit by a car running the other day, because she was in a hurry to get to an appt., and didn't want to take time to STOP at the light, so just ran (jogging) right on through it and got clipped. It hurt her a little bit, had to go to another bigger hospital for treatment. I love the quip about the universe and stupidity!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Where I live, it's faster/easier to make it to the hospital than to have anything come to you.
It's MY neighborhood, and, no, nobody speeds down this street. It's a dead end street with mostly elderly couples. I rarely even see anyone go the actual speed limit, we mostly drive about 15-20.
As somebody else said, you cannot block a street, plain and simple. These people are plain and simply deathly stupid.

Last edited:
In my observation of people, it is not stupidity, it is selfishness. My husband and I sing the "it's all about me" song way too much(every time someone thinks the world revolves aroud them. The unfortunate thing is there is a generation coming behind them twice as selfish.

Quote:
Quote:
So because you decide that its an emergency, the Norm is no longer Norm? You cant have it both ways, a quiet little dead end street filled with elderly couples, but when you decide its time to go everyone should get off the street because you want to EXCEED the speed limit.

Quote:
Thats what I am saying, the law is the law, you cant just decide that for your situation the norm should not be the norm. thanks for backing me up on this Nancysmith2(I need all the help I can get)

Quote:
Bicycles are legally vehicles and have the same right to use the road as cars. They are considered the same as tractors or other slow moving vehicles. They are to stay to the side of the road if there is a wide enough paved shoulder. If no shoulder, they must take the lane. All other laws apply to bicycles as automobiles (such as riding with traffic, stopping at lights, using the through lane at intersections, signaling and so on.

As for people on the road, if there is no sidewalks then they can walk in the shoulder in the opposite direction of traffic.

The road is for everyone not just cars. If you have a true emergency, you need to call an ambulance. I do agree that most people need to relearn the laws of the road. However, speeding on a residential road is not responsible. I cycle and walk quite often. When people don't follow the rules, it puts everyone at risk.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom