Wow, can people really be that stupid?

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Yesterday, there was an emergency. I mean, MAJOR emergency. I had to high-tail it to the emergency room. (Everything is fine now, and I'd rather not get into details.) The road we live on is a 25 zone. I was going 35. There were people on the road, so I slowed down to get around them safely. Do they get off of the road? Nope, they run to the MIDDLE of the road and point fingers, trying to stop me... Meanwhile, they have a four year old (or around there) about 1/4 down the road, riding a bike, basically unsupervised. Now, coming back from the hospital, it was just about night, and I had to WEAVE through people and their CHILDREN. Like, seriously, how stupid do you have to be to let kids play on roads when they don't know better than to get off the road when they see a car coming?! I mean, granted, you have to be smart enough to TEACH them this first, but, for crying out loud. I told the brother, and, apparantly, some of them will make you slowly drive behind them and wait until they reach their house to get around them, or make you drive off the side of the road to get around them. I know that the town I live in isn't reported to have the most intelligent of them, but, come on, this is basic common sense...

Yup!! Happens ALL the time here. EXCEPT here they are GROWN adults. Walking, jogging, or riding bikes. I live on a state "highway" too. People go out in groups (cause thay can't be alone????) and walk three across and expect YOU to go around. WHAT THE HECK????? The worst part is that they are on VACATION. I on the other hand am on my way to work. I actually HAVE to be somewhere.

I personally try to follow the Golden Rule as much as possible. But how on God's green earth are you suppose to treat others they way you want to be treated when EVERYONE only thinks of themselves???????

I feel you pain. And I hope everything worked out at the ER ok for you.

I hope everything was OK. What your neighbors are doing is called obstructing traffic and it is illegal. I would call your local police dept., file a report, and (if I were really mad) demand charges be filed. I had my neighbors pull something similar under the same circumstances 3 years ago. I didn't even slow down as the idiots were trying to slow down a moving car by standing in the road. I swerved around them and continued going about 30 across my neighbors' front yard (I have all-wheel-drive for many reasons). I explained to everyone after that I was rushing to the ER. I also explained to the morons that were in the road just how unacceptable their actions were. I believe I also told them next time I'd run them down without a second thought. They haven't spoken to me since, but they haven't pulled any more shenanigans either.

"Wow, can people really be that stupid?"

The short answer is YES!

Don't feel this behavior is isolated to your area. I have had the life scared out of me in a parking lot more than one time when a little one darts out in front of my car(while the parent is on a cell phone, yelling at another child, etc.).

Hope all is well from the ER visit last night.

I see you live in Pennsylvania. I used to live in Latrobe for a couple of minutes. I lived above a bar in a little apartment. It was good times. My sons still live in Greensburg Pennsylvania. They even sound like yankees now. Its beautiful there though. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Did you lean on your horn?

I only lived up there one season. I went through one winter. I said to myself, "self, you would have to be crazy to go through another winter here". I packed up my truck and went to Glendale Arizona (63rd ave and Myrtle) for a couple of years. Sherriff Arpio and me couldnt get along so I came home to Texas.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
True......
hmm.png

"Never underestimate the power of a full bowl of lead base paint chips for breakfast."

When you were on the way to the hospital, did you have your "flashers" on?

Last time I has an urgent need to be at hospital RIGHT NOW, I turned on the flashers, lay on the horn, no problems.

I totally understand what you mean. People here are really bad to do that too-they simply won't move out of your way. I had someone walk out in front of me Sunday. I had to swerve around him.

Anyway, I'm sorry your neighbors were so insensitive, and hope everything worked out well with the ER situation. God bless

Quote:
That almost made me fall outta my chair!!!! I think i'm gonna make it into a t-shirt!!!!

Anyway, here's my explanation of stupid people:

Draw yourself a bell curve. Put a line down the middle. Write 100 above that line. This represents the "average i.q.". Stare at this drawing for a second......then it'll occur to you that half the people you encounter on a daily basis are on either side of that line.....simply put, half the population is BELOW AVERAGE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom