WOW how did that get out??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by scrapie101, Jul 29, 2013.

1. scrapie101

scrapie101 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2013
    Eaton Rapids,MI
    My Pekin has started laying and I have been getting some nice size double yokers from her. Well I went out to let them out the other day and 1 pekin was sitting in the chicken's nesting box, the other was in there nest. I look down in there nest and found this huge egg and 1 little egg. So this morning my daughter wanted to eat that giant egg. It was a 3 yoker! Anyone else get one with 3 yokes in it?
    so the one on the right is the 3 yoker. the others are her other eggs.
    Not sure if the other Pekin is a male or female. There hasn't been a curl but alot of action. It's also very quet compared to Jojo. I am thinking it might be a male. Also not sure if Jojo is laying 2 eggs at a time I always find her next to the eggs and there is
    always 2.
  2. ericmcginn5

ericmcginn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    nope i have never and i have one of the best layers brown sexlinks
  3. Majd

Majd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    You shall incubate it..... see what happens.... soo cooll... what do you feed them? :D
  4. ducklover87

ducklover87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    If they are laying and there's no curl than chances are its a girl 2. Most ducks only lay 1 egg at a time with the occasional 2 eggs. Also I've never heard of a triple Yolker congrats! Since they are just starting its very common to get a double yolker but I've never heard of a triple.
  5. caj1985

caj1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Ratcliff, AR
    I had a light Brahma hen that always laid at least a double yolk egg and frequently a triple yolk. Couldn't store those suckers in the egg cartons as the lids wouldn't shut.
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by