WOW how did that get out??

scrapie101

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 12, 2013
Eaton Rapids,MI
My Pekin has started laying and I have been getting some nice size double yokers from her. Well I went out to let them out the other day and 1 pekin was sitting in the chicken's nesting box, the other was in there nest. I look down in there nest and found this huge egg and 1 little egg. So this morning my daughter wanted to eat that giant egg. It was a 3 yoker! Anyone else get one with 3 yokes in it?

so the one on the right is the 3 yoker. the others are her other eggs.
Not sure if the other Pekin is a male or female. There hasn't been a curl but alot of action. It's also very quet compared to Jojo. I am thinking it might be a male. Also not sure if Jojo is laying 2 eggs at a time I always find her next to the eggs and there is
always 2.

You shall incubate it..... see what happens.... soo cooll... what do you feed them? :D

If they are laying and there's no curl than chances are its a girl 2. Most ducks only lay 1 egg at a time with the occasional 2 eggs. Also I've never heard of a triple Yolker congrats! Since they are just starting its very common to get a double yolker but I've never heard of a triple.

I had a light Brahma hen that always laid at least a double yolk egg and frequently a triple yolk. Couldn't store those suckers in the egg cartons as the lids wouldn't shut.

Back
Top Bottom