Wow hubby buying horse

Sierra pachie bars

Queen of the Lost
11 Years
Nov 8, 2008
My city boy computer programmer hubby, is buying himself a horse ! He came to me and dragged me to go see the mare. We have a quarter horse now, he's lame from a injury . But is so kick back. Trainer says he won't get better, but is a perfect cruise horse. I just treat him when he gets sore. He's been hubby's horse and he rides him to the bar. So he said Tommy Bear will be my horse or the horse any of our friend can ride because nothing bothers him. I am shocked he's so excited. He wants us to ride together. The mare is 5 years old, but a child as been riding her. The mare comes tues. Hubby also went out and bought himself cowboy boots.
lol.png

I will post photos when she gets here if anyone wants to see her. She's super cute. She is a quarter horse bay. Just in a www that my man loves horses. He fell in love with this mare. Anyone elses hubby ride to ? I never thought he would but he just loves them. He cleans the pens and feeds them .. Just wow I feel lucky.

Your fortunate to live in such a horse friendly town. My husband was not really into my horses but indulged me for over 20 years. Then I brought home a project filly that fell for him and became his buddy. I was his ground crew and he broke the mare himself. This mare will do anything for him. I can't tell you the thoughts I had when I would come home on a Friday and see his saddle sitting by the back door.
smile.png
He would go out on the trail with her and we spent every weekend riding together. As he said, it was the most enjoyment he has had with horses in all those years. He has hunted for years and really enjoys the quiet time in the woods so on horseback he really found another way to enjoy the outdoors. They have had some spectacular crashes as young horses do and my husband is not horsey. Even met him at the ER once. These two are amazing together.

All the best to you and hubby with the new mare.

thank you
smile.png
I am so happy for him. The mare is a sweetie. hubby even went into boot barn, Bought boots too.
smile.png

Just be sure to get each of you helmets. My gelding and I took a stumble, I did not come off but his head as recovered us both hit my brim and cracked my helmet in half. Save me from something horrible and that ER trip my hubby took was the same thing. The trauma team hands down said the helmet saved him from a bad head injury. His mare fell on him from above, full body and then rolled over him. As it was he went home with only stitches in his lip. It our promise to each other, no riding of any kind without a helmet and a good quality one at that.

Mine doesn't ride. He made an attempt early in our marriage however, with age, a bad back and weight gain, it was no longer
comfortable for him to do so.
He is losing weight but I don't expect him to start riding with me again.
He does support me though and doesn't mind me taking 'my' horsey time.

My DH was a supporting guy until about 3 yrs ago when we went to take pics of a friends filly she was selling.. She was gentle, well started, miles done on her but sat for a while...
She and DH just clicked. So she came home to us, she went to a friends for some miles and then for his birthday, he and she rode!!
Pride puts up with me, but adores her person, my DH.
She is a KY mtn horse, and will be bred to a cremello Rky Mtn stallion in a month or so, the foal is a gift to a dear friend of ours.
Here are the pair on our last trail ride of the year last year.
DSCF3055-1.jpg

My city boy computer programmer hubby, is buying himself a horse ! He came to me and dragged me to go see the mare. We have a quarter horse now, he's lame from a injury . But is so kick back. Trainer says he won't get better, but is a perfect cruise horse. I just treat him when he gets sore. He's been hubby's horse and he rides him to the bar. So he said Tommy Bear will be my horse or the horse any of our friend can ride because nothing bothers him. I am shocked he's so excited. He wants us to ride together. The mare is 5 years old, but a child as been riding her. The mare comes tues. Hubby also went out and bought himself cowboy boots.
lol.png

I will post photos when she gets here if anyone wants to see her. She's super cute. She is a quarter horse bay. Just in a www that my man loves horses. He fell in love with this mare. Anyone elses hubby ride to ? I never thought he would but he just loves them. He cleans the pens and feeds them .. Just wow I feel lucky.
That’s awesome!! I would love to see pictures of her!! THIS IS SOOO EXCITING!!

Back
Top Bottom