Wow, look what I got yesterday!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TaLani, Dec 10, 2008.

1. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I can't hardly believe it, yesterday we got a DOZEN eggs!!! [​IMG] When they all start laying I'll have eggs coming out of my ears! I don't mind, at least I won't have to buy eggs from the store [​IMG]. I'm so proud of our girls! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Congrats, TaLani!

I recently went from 1-2 eggs every other day to 8-10 per day. It's a great feeling. And just in time for DW's Christmas baking season.

3. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Awesome!!! Ours were just starting to lay the end of September, then daylight savings happened, etc-- we were getting 2 to 3 eggs a day. Now, we're supplementing their light, ( and our youngest group is reaching maturity) so we're consistently getting 5 to 6 eggs a day in just the last week. I can't wait to get a dozen a day-- then I'll be putting a sign ad the end of my driveway to sell. I've got a few neighbors already asking for eggs ( well, they started asking when I first got my chicks!), so I'll be happy to find a few customers- even if I can't offer much to start with!

How many hens do you have?

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    We have 37! We have several that aren't even laying yet, like our EE's. Can't wait for them to lay. [​IMG] The funny thing is that my hubby wants some banties come spring time! Then I'll have even more eggs! We're planning on selling our surplus eggs to our local farmer's market though for extra $. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by