WOW, now where do I put them?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by klf73, Aug 6, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I got some eggs from Gary (geareduplyn) and it has to be the heaviest box I have picked up to date from the PO. I opened the box and almost died [​IMG] . I bought 14 ameraucana and asked him to put a 6 araucana if he could spare them and I sent a few extra dollars to cover them. Well the box is immaculate, no dings, dents, holes. I opened the box and unwrapped the eggs. 20 eggs in a row, then I realized there was a second row! I now have 16 araucana and 24 ameraucana. Thanks Gary! I now have to get another bator going NOW. I had room for what I ordered, not that I'm complaining. The shipping gods were smiling on this box, I candled a couple and the air cells aren't even slightly affected. I'm gonna be up to my ears in chickies [​IMG] . I also got 9 silkies from Marie Martin and ALL 9 are developing. In the other bator are some araucana from Jody(hinkjc) and 10 out of 16 are doing great, not bad considering the PO took 5 days to get them from PA to ME

wish us luck [​IMG]

Krista

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Good luck Krista..sounds like you're going to have your hands full. [​IMG]

Jody

3. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Good Luck!!! I just got 15 Ameracauna's from Pips & Peeps, and they were packaged very well also. So far it looks like 14 of the 15 are developing. I can't wait to see pictures of all your little fuzzy butts!!

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    To be honest, my only problem with shipped eggs not being packaged well was from a non BYC member. I haven't even gotten a cracked egg from shipping yet from all the wonderful people I have bought from on here. Now how long it takes and what the PO does to scramble them is another story. Thanks Jody! My daughter laughed at me when I lined up the araucana from you in the bator by "shade" of color. I try to keep track of the chicks that hatch from the color I like best, not sure if that matters, but my kids find it amusing.
    Steffpeck, I have some nice chicks that hatched from Jeans eggs, you won't be disappointed [​IMG] . Of course I will post pics as my chickies hatch [​IMG]

Krista

5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    every one on byc always ship good and gives good eggs and extra good luck on your hatch

6. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    I hope you all promise to post baby pictures when the hatching begins! [​IMG]

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Oh, I just have to add. He packed 40 eggs into a small flat rate box, safely. That is just amazing to me. [​IMG]

Krista

8. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    oooo yay congrats u got a dealllll good luck on ur hatch keep us all posted

9. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Oh, I would really love to have more details on how this was done. Can we twist his arm? How about sweet-talk? [​IMG]

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    here's pics how they were in the box
    first row
    [​IMG]

second row
    [​IMG]
    with a liner of bubble wrap on the top and bottom

Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by