Wow who would have thought and a question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 13, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok so my eggs have been in the bator for 4 days and I decided to candle them , they are brown eggs and as I discoverd with my test eggs<or think I have anyways [​IMG]> with the light I have and the color of the eggs it seems easer for me to see the viening on day 4 or 5 then seeing stuff later when the egg gets darker [​IMG] , I dont know if that was just a fluke with egg #7<test egg> or not but I think its not , and I saw definate viening and baby dot in 8 eggs and was almost shure I saw light viening and tiny baby dot in 6 eggs [​IMG]
    So thats possible /likely viening in 14 out of 14 eggs on day 4 [​IMG]
    I started out with 16 eggs 14 are day 4 and 2 cracked ones where test eggs for my homemade bator they are on day 6 or 7 one is clear <should I throw it out , if it hasnt shown any signs of anything> and one is about 1/3 the way dark and had viening on day 4. Thats 15/16 [​IMG]
    Sorry I am all excited [​IMG] so I had to share... Now to my question though.
    On a coulpe of them that I thought I saw viening but wasnt shure they were up by where the air cell is , does that make it harder to see and is that dangerous or bad ?? [​IMG]
    Thank you
    PS these are not the eggs I got in the mail today these are local eggs I got, that were washed , a couple where cracked and they were a week old when I put them in the bator [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by