Wrinkled horse show ribbons....how do I get them nice again???

ma2babygurl13

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Fairborn OH
I have a whole box of horse show ribbons, mainly from when I showed in 4h. From sitting in a box so long they have become wrinkled and creased in many places. How do I go about getting them nice and straight to display again? I know putting an Iron directly on them will melt them. Could I cover them with a towel and Iron them? or??? Anyone have any experience in this??

Yes, cover them with a thin cotton towel before you iron. You can mist the towel lightly with water if you like. Most ribbons are made of a poly/synthetic fabric. Also set your iron setting so you can use the steam....this will help and the wrinkles will remove quickly. Depending on how wrinkled and how long they've been stored, you may have to iron both sides of the ribbon. If you have tons of ribbons and don't have the space to display them all you can place them in a shadow box and mount on the wall. My daughter has ton's of ribbons and I saw this idea in a magazine. You can buy shadow boxes in various sizes. We have 2 nice fairly large boxes with many ribbons rolled, folded, layed out flat, etc.....They can hold alot! Looks very neat and I must say impressive. Just thought I'd pass the idea along since we were talking ribbons!
smile.png

Last edited:
I have a whole box of horse show ribbons, mainly from when I showed in 4h. From sitting in a box so long they have become wrinkled and creased in many places. How do I go about getting them nice and straight to display again? I know putting an Iron directly on them will melt them. Could I cover them with a towel and Iron them? or??? Anyone have any experience in this??
I have all the ribbons from when my grandfather showed us chickens some are first-place ribbons are absolutely beautiful but I need to smooth them out how do I do such things

I have all the ribbons from when my grandfather showed us chickens some are first-place ribbons are absolutely beautiful but I need to smooth them out how do I do such things
I have used a steam iron on a low (silk) setting and put a slightly dampened pressing cloth between the iron and the ribbon. A clean cotton dish towel works well for this.

Back
Top Bottom