Wry neck help!

Today he is 7 weeks old and we are on week 4 he is doing wonderful sometimes for just a few seconds his head goes down. His feathers are coming in nicely I think i hurt him when picking up but i have to so I clean cage. For the last two days he has spent a good amount of time outside in old canary cage I am thinking that on Thursday I may put him in with mates to see how he goes. Just alittle in the beginning. He has enough feathers to keep him warm and it is now in the 100's here. He has really gotten big. I still haven't weighed him yet

Today he is 7 weeks old and we are on week 4 he is doing wonderful sometimes for just a few seconds his head goes down. His feathers are coming in nicely I think i hurt him when picking up but i have to so I clean cage. For the last two days he has spent a good amount of time outside in old canary cage I am thinking that on Thursday I may put him in with mates to see how he goes. Just alittle in the beginning. He has enough feathers to keep him warm and it is now in the 100's here. He has really gotten big. I still haven't weighed him yet
I love that. I’ve been starting to think that happy feet’s neck issue was caused by a hit to the head. She is doing wonderful and is getting very very bossy

yes that can be the reason for this. Just don't give her more than 1 dose of vit e a day. stay on course she might get worse before better Rocky did just keep moving forward. Someone suggested that I get vitamin b complex for cattle that is an injected but give it orally I've been doing that now for almost a week and I see huge improvement over the human kind. So try that also if she gets bad. Anything I can help with just ask. Keep me informed on her. Tomorrow I'm gonna try letting Rocky with his mates for a time being. I won't be home for several hours today so I can't try today plus we have thunderstorms today and I just prefer to be on the safe side.

Rhett is Rocky's brother born the day before that is how big Rocky should be and colored

Attachments

• Rocky 7 weeks old.JPG
    Rocky 7 weeks old.JPG
    650.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Rhett 7 weeks too.JPG
    Rhett 7 weeks too.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So cute! The worst times are in the morning and late at night. She can’t sleep in her sectioned off coop because she will just tuck her neck and shake She has to sleep in my arms for a few minutes and then must sleep in her kennel.

Rocky sleeps in the house in his crate right now. In the beginning he was bad in morning and anytime i had to touch/move him. But when it was time to eat that head would strike so hard like a snake albeit out to the side but strong that really gave me the initiative to do all I can for him. Are giving any B complex to her?

Back
Top Bottom