Wry neck help!

DolceVita

Songster
Apr 29, 2019
Spartanburg,SC
So my Cochin and I’d have been battling wry neck for about 4 days now. She is a good eater and drinks a lot of water. But goes into episodes where she is not able to bring her neck back up from her chest. She also preens ALL the time which causes her to go into one of her episodes. Is the preening a sign of deficiency? Today was one of her bad days...

Dealing with the same with a Cornish cross. Breaks my heart. I’ve been doing nutradrench and electrolytes. Made a slurry of the feed and added oregano and brewers yeast. I understand it’s a vitamin deficiency.

I’m going on week 4 Monday with my Rocky a 6 week Salmon Faverolle it will get worse before better. Stay in there. I’ve been giving vitamin e 400 IU’s once a day with scrambled eggs for the selenium vitamin e needs it to work, then b complex he was 3 weeks old when this hit week 2 has been the hardest he wouldn’t hold up at all except to eat and then that was an ordeal. Mine would eat but not drink after 2nd day so I started making a soupy mash that has worked wonders this week his head is up though sometimes to the side but I gladly take that over down at his feet. He lost most of his feathers except wings now I see lots of fuzz coming in and he weighed in at end week 2 at 1/2 pound I haven’t weighed again yet. But he’s a fighter and a keeper. It’s a long journey but worth the challenge and effort anyway we have a special bond now

I hope your babies get better

I’m going on week 4 Monday with my Rocky a 6 week Salmon Faverolle it will get worse before better. Stay in there. I’ve been giving vitamin e 400 IU’s once a day with scrambled eggs for the selenium vitamin e needs it to work, then b complex he was 3 weeks old when this hit week 2 has been the hardest he wouldn’t hold up at all except to eat and then that was an ordeal. Mine would eat but not drink after 2nd day so I started making a soupy mash that has worked wonders this week his head is up though sometimes to the side but I gladly take that over down at his feet. He lost most of his feathers except wings now I see lots of fuzz coming in and he weighed in at end week 2 at 1/2 pound I haven’t weighed again yet. But he’s a fighter and a keeper. It’s a long journey but worth the challenge and effort anyway we have a special bond now

I hope your babies get better
My baby is doing very well... knock on wood. She has moments of weak neck but is able to pull it up. She still does flips. Does yours do flips

Today

Attachments

• A04DDA1B-A487-4358-8899-6FF3675D320A.jpeg
    A04DDA1B-A487-4358-8899-6FF3675D320A.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 4
Glad to hear yours is doing better keep up the work. Like I said this takes awhile to get thru there will be setbacks too you might want to weigh her sometimes they loose weight Rocky lost alot. I didn't weigh at the beginning but when i did he weighed in a half a pound and lost most of his feathers. If yours sprouts a bump or lump on the shoulder don't worry most likely an air pocket Rocky did but I think it was mainly the wet mash all that air has to go somewhere usually it's gone in the morning but now that he's on mostly dry and wet 2 times a day it's not bad but there. Yes Rocky flips sometimes I scare him when I come in and think that puts him in flips. Other times I think the scramble egg bits are a little big and that does it but he really spins I think that will go on for the rest of his life it's so funny to watch as long it's not serious. I love this guy so much. He is 3 times smaller than his brother Rhett Butler Clucker who was born the day before, but Rock has always been smaller from the start. It also seemed that on the end of week 2 nearly week 3 his comb came in with a bang! And the fuzz on legs started growing again and I see some fuzz coming back on his tail side. He was almost nearly naked during this. Keep me informed on your girl

Glad to hear yours is doing better keep up the work. Like I said this takes awhile to get thru there will be setbacks too you might want to weigh her sometimes they loose weight Rocky lost alot. I didn't weigh at the beginning but when i did he weighed in a half a pound and lost most of his feathers. If yours sprouts a bump or lump on the shoulder don't worry most likely an air pocket Rocky did but I think it was mainly the wet mash all that air has to go somewhere usually it's gone in the morning but now that he's on mostly dry and wet 2 times a day it's not bad but there. Yes Rocky flips sometimes I scare him when I come in and think that puts him in flips. Other times I think the scramble egg bits are a little big and that does it but he really spins I think that will go on for the rest of his life it's so funny to watch as long it's not serious. I love this guy so much. He is 3 times smaller than his brother Rhett Butler Clucker who was born the day before, but Rock has always been smaller from the start. It also seemed that on the end of week 2 nearly week 3 his comb came in with a bang! And the fuzz on legs started growing again and I see some fuzz coming back on his tail side. He was almost nearly naked during this. Keep me informed on your girl
We ate very well this morning and LOVES the vitamin E pills. I give like 2/3 a day... hope it’s not too much just she just eats it straight out of the capsule. I’m scared to cut back on it and cause her to decline. She still tucks a lot in the morning and when she is really tired!

Back
Top Bottom