Wry neck or broken neck?

Duckhunter1028

Hatching
Jul 17, 2023
Possible wry neck. Chick is about 5 days old and was fine last night. Its completely imobile and unable to move on its own past the occasional flap of the wings or foot twitching. Head is stuck to the right and it cant seem to stay awake for very long. Im mainly concerned about the feeling in its neck compared to the others. Feels like a V in the neck which makes me wonder if it somehow busted its neck. All the other situations I've seen with wry neck they are mostly functional with the exception of the head being turned wrong and balance issues. This lil chick can't move :(
They are being fed Purina non medicated chick feed as well.

Possible wry neck. Chick is about 5 days old and was fine last night. Its completely imobile and unable to move on its own past the occasional flap of the wings or foot twitching. Head is stuck to the right and it cant seem to stay awake for very long. Im mainly concerned about the feeling in its neck compared to the others. Feels like a V in the neck which makes me wonder if it somehow busted its neck. All the other situations I've seen with wry neck they are mostly functional with the exception of the head being turned wrong and balance issues. This lil chick can't move :(
when my hens get wry they can't walk.

Are you hand-feeding it currently and is it able to swallow??

Vitamin E and Egg Yokes help Wry so that sounds like it'll work 👍👌
Thank you for a speedy response. I've had chickens in my family before but these are the first I'm caring for so I'm trying to keep them kicking! This is the gal in question, she refuses to lay the other way unfortunately though.

Attachments

• 20230717_150852.jpg
    20230717_150852.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 13
Vitamin E and Egg Yokes help Wry so that sounds like it'll work 👍👌
Lil one kicked the bucket :/
It was sitting up a little bit on its own but I came back to check on it shortly after and it was gone.

Back
Top Bottom