Wry neck or Genetics

Haha maybe I don't have the idea setup. I run my birds on wire. I have 5 birds in a 3x2x1 foot wire cage. I have a dirt box for them to get off the wire when they want to. Might be hard to add new birds to that mix. I will give it a try though lol. I won't keep birds for just laying I can't keep up with eating the eggs even with hatching some for meat birds later. I guess its because I live in Arizona but I get 4 eggs a day all year long. Thank god my daughters love to eat hardboiled quail eggs. I think my oldest likes it just to show off at school lol.

Try putting in something for them to go under. Even a cardboard box with holes cut in it will give them a place to go when they want to hide. Or put in some cut tree branches (make sure they aren't poisonous). I use pine. These things will give them some mental stimulation and help reduce stress.

Haha maybe I don't have the idea setup. I run my birds on wire. I have 5 birds in a 3x2x1 foot wire cage. I have a dirt box for them to get off the wire when they want to. Might be hard to add new birds to that mix. I will give it a try though lol. I won't keep birds for just laying I can't keep up with eating the eggs even with hatching some for meat birds later. I guess its because I live in Arizona but I get 4 eggs a day all year long. Thank god my daughters love to eat hardboiled quail eggs. I think my oldest likes it just to show off at school lol. 

Hehe I share eggs with family and neighbours and sell excess for $5 a dozen
1f917.png

Back
Top Bottom