Wry neck or more

Whay shouldi be giving her other than rooster booster and b12.or should I be only giving her the rooster booster orally and not b12

While Rooster Booster's supplements do all contain vitamin E they do not have enough for correcting a deficiency and last I checked none contained selenium. For vitamin E you want to give 400 IU daily and 25mcg for Selenium (you can also use scrambled eggs, tuna etc for the selenium). Also keep in mind that while in many cases wry neck by a deficiency it can also be caused by trauma and a symptom of Mareks so you will want to keep an eye on her if she does not respond to the vitamin e and selenium.

Last edited:
While Rooster Booster's supplements do all contain vitamin E they do not have enough for correcting a deficiency and last I checked none contained selenium. For vitamin E you want to give 400 IU daily and 25mg for Selenium (you can also use scrambled eggs, tuna etc for the selenium). Also keep in mind that while in many cases wry neck by a deficiency it can also be caused by trauma and a symptom of Mareks so you will want to keep an eye on her if she does not respond to the vitamin e and selenium.
She cant eat at all I dont know anything about tube feeding either.I am almost wondering if my rooster injured her.I have been using a timer all day since the occurrence and giving fluids is the only way she even shows life.She jumps up chirps and keeps her neck and head down.

She cant eat at all I dont know anything about tube feeding either.I am almost wondering if my rooster injured her.I have been using a timer all day since the occurrence and giving fluids is the only way she even shows life.She jumps up chirps and keeps her neck and head down.
I've become actually sickly at my stomach watching her suffer.I am going to check on her now .Her legs and feet are so weak she isnt using them and was standing this am.

If she cannot eat then I would recommend buying needless syringes and giving orally.

I've become actually sickly at my stomach watching her suffer.I am going to check on her now .Her legs and feet are so weak she isnt using them and was standing this am.
Try asking any vet if they have something similar to this
EC69C21C-71CC-4473-85C6-C97DD6DC7209.jpeg
FFD8F8CC-74DD-48A9-946E-75E3517F5356.jpeg

As one person posted, wry neck is a symptom that may be caused by a head injury, a disease such as Mareks and a few others, or from a vitamin E or B1 thiamine deficiency. Why are you giving B12? You could give B complex which has B1 and all other B vitamins. Also it is good to give a human vitamin E400 IU softgel daily. A small amount of scrambled egg or egg yolk will provide enough selenium. Continue this for at least 2 weeks.

For feeding , fluids are the most important. Some have found that mixing chicken feed in a lot of water with a little cooked egg, and holding up to the beak, can be helpful. Of course, keep her separated, and a dog crate in the coop with others is a good way. Here is a good video of feeding a wry neck chicken:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fee...ent=safari#kpvalbx=_dAmcYdPiA8KP9PwP1IizqAE29

As one person posted, wry neck is a symptom that may be caused by a head injury, a disease such as Mareks and a few others, or from a vitamin E or B1 thiamine deficiency. Why are you giving B12? You could give B complex which has B1 and all other B vitamins. Also it is good to give a human vitamin E400 IU softgel daily. A small amount of scrambled egg or egg yolk will provide enough selenium. Continue this for at least 2 weeks.

For feeding , fluids are the most important. Some have found that mixing chicken feed in a lot of water with a little cooked egg, and holding up to the beak, can be helpful. Of course, keep her separated, and a dog crate in the coop with others is a good way. Here is a good video of feeding a wry neck chicken:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fee...ent=safari#kpvalbx=_dAmcYdPiA8KP9PwP1IizqAE29
Thank you I'm feeding her her medicated feed in water with a syringe and a dropper. B complex is what she's taking I apologize and I'm giving fluids with rooster booster every 30 mts.She has slept all day very weak I keep awakening her to feed and hydrate and just hold.She acts like her neck is just broken. Maybe my rooster harmed her I recall yesterday she stayed in the nesting box alone.

She is back home testing inside my chicken hospital (laundry room).after getting 2 pills a syringe full of corid? B12 and steroid she perked.Now she is sleeping nonstop .I am told give her the b12 and water every 15- 30 mts.How did this haooen so fast? And do I give corid daily?
Did the vet recommend the Corid daily? Did they do a fecal float and confirm Coccidiosis? Giving the B Complex may be contradictory with the Corid, so clarify with your vet.

For vitamin E you want to give 400 IU daily and 25mg for Selenium (you can also use scrambled eggs, tuna etc for the selenium).
Do you mean mg (milligrams) or mcg (micrograms)? Big difference:)

While Rooster Booster's supplements do all contain vitamin E they do not have enough for correcting a deficiency and last I checked none contained selenium. For vitamin E you want to give 400 IU daily and 25mg for Selenium (you can also use scrambled eggs, tuna etc for the selenium). Also keep in mind that while in many cases wry neck by a deficiency it can also be caused by trauma and a symptom of Mareks so you will want to keep an eye on her if she does not respond to the vitamin e and selenium.
Thank you so much
I started her on nutri drench 1 ml tonight as I felt I have nothing to loose at this point.She is in a paralysis. Her little mouth and tongue are so hot when I give her food or fluids. CURIOUS does she need fluids through out the night or let her rest till am.? Thank you so much for your help🤗💗

Last edited:
Thank you so much
I started her on nutri drench 1 ml tonight as I felt I have nothing to loose at this point.She is in a paralysis. Her little mouth and tongue are so hot when I give her food or fluids. CURIOUS does she need fluids through out the night or let her rest till am.? Thank you so much for your help🤗💗
Mia is not 100.BUT...She is moving now ,she could not even sit or stand at all she fell over and kept laying on her side and back.Prayers we only get better💗🙏 she was sitting this morning but her head/ neck isnt stable of course but she is moving now I tried to upload a video it wouldnt upload.Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom