Wry neck??

Mamato6

Songster
Apr 14, 2017
Spring Branch Tx
I have a 4 week old partridge rock pullet who possibly injured herself this afternoon (I think she jumped onto the feeder which was apparently empty as it was laying on the floor near her- we went to get my daughter from preschool and get more chick starter as I poured the rest of the bag into the feeder last night before bed). She is keeping her head tucked in under her body and won’t keep it up when I pick her up. I don’t have any poly vi sol as I’ve seen mentioned but I have nutri drench and electrolyte packets, is that enough? Also I don’t have vitamin E (liquid or caps) but saw that you can give foods/herbs with vitamin E.

Nutri-drench would be best since it absorbs instantly, whereas the Poly-vi-sol takes hours to get into the system. You really need to get the concentrated E 400iu into her. Try to get some. Meanwhile, use the Nutri-drench full strength, not diluted in water.

Nutri-drench would be best since it absorbs instantly, whereas the Poly-vi-sol takes hours to get into the system. You really need to get the concentrated E 400iu into her. Try to get some. Meanwhile, use the Nutri-drench full strength, not diluted in water.
Ok I’ll stop by a pharmacy after my daughters recital. She’s still moving around which is a plus.

You can get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell very similar at most feed stores. They contain electrolytes, vitamins, and amino acids and the disage is 1 ml per day for a little chick.

You can get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell very similar at most feed stores. They contain electrolytes, vitamins, and amino acids and the disage is 1 ml per day for a little chick.
Yes I have nutri drench.
She is actually doing WAY better already! She’s running around again (with her head UP!) last night after the recital she was walking around head mostly up which was an improvement from earlier in the day! So to see her running around was great!!

Back
Top Bottom