wry neck

megdiamond

Chirping
Sep 18, 2020
Camp Morton, Manitoba
I've got a silkie with wry neck. I've had experience in treating this before with the vitamin e and selinium, etc so I know all those things to do.
I have not had a case that is as bad as this one. She is really putting her head between her legs and rolling around but then finds strength to eat and be normal on her own, flip flops back and forth. She's inside and I'm keeping her in a box with towels so she can roll around in there and hopefuly feel safe. I take her out for feeding. Is there anything I can do to help her head stay supported? Has anyone else had a case like this and what was your outcome?

You might want to add vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet or thiamine B1, and make sure that you are giving 400 IU of vitamin E daily. Not much selenium is needed, and a little egg is a good source. Wry neck can be a symptom of a head injury, a vitamin E or B1 deficiency, or can be seen in Mareks disease, and a few others.

Yeah, I've been giving it 1/4 tablet of vitamin B and the 400 IU of vitamin E on a scrambled egg. Getting it to eat and drink something every hour or two. Rotating between vitamin water and regular water. Keeping her in a towel lined box inside. She's been inside for 24 hours now, will start to introduce wet chick food.

Back
Top Bottom