Wry Neck

shajadaz

Chirping
Jul 10, 2021
australia .nsw.
I have a 9wk old silkie cross polish with what i think is wry neck, i have expeirenced stargazing in budgies before, and treated. now its day 2 of giving her vitamin E capsule mixed with a selenium capsule now i go to her every two hours and give her a drink and some food, if i hold her neck up and she can see the food she eatsand drinks, but its for shorts periods of time, everything else seems okay feet are good not stiff, when should i start to see some results. Is there anything else the vet can do for her? or am i doing itall? thanks

I gave mine "Rooster Booster Poultry Cell" (vit. E and selenium plus lots of other vit. and minerals) for several weeks. It took at least a week before I saw any improvement, but she did improve steadily until she no longer needed the supplement. If it is from a vit.E deficiency, there's nothing else to be done. Don't give up on her, it may seem hopeless, but it can be corrected.

Keep at it, are you sure it's Wry Neck and not something else? Video would help us to see what you're experiencing. Down load on You Tube than here.
From my notes: Wry Neck - Vitamin E 400IU & Selenium 25mcg 2 - 3x day, NutriDrench, Thiamine/Vit B1, tuna, liver
thanks i have uploaded two videos..

I gave mine "Rooster Booster Poultry Cell" (vit. E and selenium plus lots of other vit. and minerals) for several weeks. It took at least a week before I saw any improvement, but she did improve steadily until she no longer needed the supplement. If it is from a vit.E deficiency, there's nothing else to be done. Don't give up on her, it may seem hopeless, but it can be corrected.
rooster boost poultry cell are you in australia?

What was the dosage? I have a girl with wry neck, and I am thinking about getting some of this to help her.

What was the dosage? I have a girl with wry neck, and I am thinking about getting some of this to help her.
You can add it to her drinking water per the label, but mine hated the taste of it and wouldn't drink it on her own. I had to use an eyedropper and put in in her beak. It was messy because she would shake her head trying to refuse it. Eventually, I could put a drop on the tip of her beak and she would swallow it. I couldn't really measure how much she actually got, I estimated a dropperful 3x daily until symptoms were minimal. Once she got on green grass she improved greatly. Good luck with your girl.

Back
Top Bottom