Wry Neck?

pie watson

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 16, 2013
My white silkie that I had for two months already was fine a night ago but in the morning her neck was Down between her feet and she's having like neck spasms. And she seems to be having the symptoms of Crook "wry" neck. I need help I don't know how to treat this. I have been helping her eat and drink and she eats but I have to help her each time. I love her a lot I really don't want her to die she's like my baby. If anyone could help me or give me any advice what to do in this case much is appreciated.

I also had a pheasant that unfortunately passed as well. I have heard you can try a gentle splint the will help hold head upright (maybewith paper twels folded?) but it generally does not have good outcome. So sorry :(

Update on SILKIE WITH WRY NECK ; I got awesome news to tell u all 19 days ago my SILKIE ' Jevin ' had signs of wry neck I fear the worst ! I asked everyone questions and got the same reply: sorry to hear that but they don't recover , you have to do the right thing, so I did, I searched all the sites @ wry neck/chicken took a lil bit from each one and tried it plus added my own: giving her chicken noodle soup ! (Cut the noodles)& b-12, antibiotics ,electrolytes, vitamins !!!!!! My hubby sayZ Im nuts but I wasn't giving up on her, this is my bb!! She and her twin stayed with me for the first 3 days 24 Hrs cuz had to help her hold her head up then it goes down and twist with spasms plus u have to carefully make sure her head did go into the water or her food(soup) or she would drown constantly watching a chicken for 3 days was hectic & had to get my kids to help watch her they kept saying its just a chicken! Yes everyone I know & she'd recovered and is as bubbly as she was before . Thanks to all of you's for helping me , help her!! I Couldn't have done it without you's!!! Her pic now
and

Back
Top Bottom