Wry neck

AbagailMae

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
I have not had time to do much research on this topic but realized today that both my rabbit and a duck have wry neck. Now we have had these animals for a while but this past summer got 4 geese and we house them all together. My question is do the geese have something that can cause this issue in other animals or is it possible they were mean and caused a brain injury that caused this? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

I have not had time to do much research on this topic but realized today that both my rabbit and a duck have wry neck. Now we have had these animals for a while but this past summer got 4 geese and we house them all together. My question is do the geese have something that can cause this issue in other animals or is it possible they were mean and caused a brain injury that caused this? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

I don't think I would house them all together. Geese can be bullies and being quite large can cause damage intentionally or by accident. Wry neck usually is a deficiency of some kind [vitamin] So adding some good quality poultry vitamins to the ducks water and some vitamins for the rabbit may help. Geese are hardy critters as are ducks and have to be housed in really poor conditions to get sick, if given adequate room to forage, good quality feed and water to bath in they are healthy. So I doubt your geese gave a disease to the duck and rabbit. Poultry Nutri drench or save a chick would be good to offer the duck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. We are realizing it probably wasn't our most wise choice to house them together. Our duck died and we are going to have the rabbit put down (he is a pet) he can not clean himself and it would be lots of work to try to clean him. We did realize that our waterfowl must be deficent so we are going to be adding more protein and vitamins. They have unfortunately been left inside for a week because of some work issues. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply. We are realizing it probably wasn't our most wise choice to house them together. Our duck died and we are going to have the rabbit put down (he is a pet) he can not clean himself and it would be lots of work to try to clean him. We did realize that our waterfowl must be deficent so we are going to be adding more protein and vitamins. They have unfortunately been left inside for a week because of some work issues. Thanks again!

So very sorry.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom