WTB Araucana/Americana Rooster

flower75

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Albemarle
Hello, I live in N.C. and I am looking for an (one) Ameraucana Rooster for my girls, who can I contact, where I can also see pictures, please contact me [email protected].

Last edited:
I have a couple of young ameraucana cockerels that are black. They are gorgeous!
Unfortunately I am in Middle TN. I'm not sure how we would get him to you. Shipping is generally prohibitively expensive.
sad.png

Quote:
Could you show me some pictures, how much do you want for them, and where about in TN, we were going to check out the possibility of moving out that way, so would be a great Road trip, lol. <3

It is monsooning out there right now and the boys are happily rampaging about in the rain. They look a little ragged.
smile.png
I'll try to get current pictures for you tomorrow if that's okay.

I am near Murfreesboro, which is about 45 minutes south of Nashville. The boys sell for $15 each.

Quote:
Okay sounds good, your about 250 miles away from me, considering I travel down to Florida and up to NY, this will be an easy drive.
wink.png
How are the temperaments towards others? Can't wait to see their pictures! Thank you. xxoo

This line of ameraucanas is very mellow. My two grown roos are almost two now and I haven't had any trouble from either one. They are gentle to their girls and are great flock protectors. I can walk right next to either one with no problems. The times I have had to pick them up for maintenance they have been unhappy about it, but have not bitten or flogged me. This younger lot are mostly scared of me (which I find to be helpful as they go through adolescence!). I imagine they will be a lot like their daddy in temperament.

My original birds came from the Gardner line and the Riddick line. These boys are a mix of the two. They are pure ameraucana and not easter eggers. They carry the blue egg gene.

If it ever quits raining I'll get out there and get some pictures for you.

When were you thinking of driving through?

Quote:
Well I just bought my first Ameraucanas (they are Red, Blue, Wheat, and one looks Whitish Yellow, very beautiful birds. I think a Black Roo will be perfect, to add something special.) and Golden and Silver Laced Wayandotte's all pure bred, so it is so great you have youngsters! I have a few mixed Bantams and White Leghorns, and a couple Silkie Bantams too, initially they were bought to eat the ticks cause I had a bad case of Lymes, but now I have fallen in love. Mine are wonderful in temperament and follow me around, awww. Love the fresh eggs too, what a plus. Oh and I have 2 Pekin, 2 Cayuga, and Khakis Campbell, lol. Love those too.
wink.png

My husband is off next weekend so we can make the trip then, probably Saturday. Can't wait. We are also dealing with some rain from Tropical storm Lee. yucky.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hello, I am looking for a Blue or a Black Roo, or a Lighter Mixed Color Roo, for my girls. Nice to see someone in N.C. we must keep in touch.
wink.png
Very nice to meet you. It may sound funny, but I will know my Roo when I see him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom