WTB: Bali Ducks (Crested Runner Ducks) Will pay for shipping to NY

Calebs Acre

Songster
14 Years
May 17, 2008
Long Island
I have been searching all over for Bali Ducks or crested runner ducks in any color(s). I seem to only find them outside the US. Does anyone know much about where to find them?

OMG! Thank you! I've been on Eggbid looking for cabinet incubators, etc. and I must have missed it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Ideal also sells crested runner ducklings. . .haven't seen any of their in real life, though. Wonder if anyone on here has some?

I have been checking all of the hatcheries because I SWORE I saw someone last year selling them. Ideal is one of the few that I haven't checked yet!

Thanks! I want to get a few from different sources, if possible. Plus, I would prefer live birds to eggs. My incubators are jammed with eggs right now. My runners are producing. Wish I could set up a seminar for them to teach my dewlap toulouse and sebastopols how to lay like that!!!

I'll check there too! I'm still open to suggestions! I DID win the eggs, but you never know how many will end up being crested. But, it's worth a try!

Hi!

I have a couple of crested runners..I got them from Ideal poultry here in Texas.

My black crested runner is NOT a show quality bird as it is not upright enough.

Most people do not tend to breed cresteds because it causes ALOT of deaths in ducklings and a low hatch rate. The gene that causes the skull to make the crest is FATAL, and so is the cuase of the problem.

I have my black crested hen running with a pair of black non-crested runners (one hen, one drake) all from ideal.

I also have a buff runner drake running with every breed under the sun. He has the color of a buff duck...solid buff all over, and a BIG pouffy crest...I will be soon pairing him with my fawn and white runner hen in a separate pen.

my breeders are about four-six weeks (ish) from laying age, so the issues about anyone not being pure will be solved before they lay.

When they start laying I will be doing a "presale" test hatch for shipping only. I can

I cannot guarantee crests, but I will be posting pics of the parents when the time comes sio you can see pics.

Have a great day!

That sounds like a great opportunity and I thank you for sharing the information about the potential heartbreak associated with obtaining crested runners!! Please let me know what you have eggs available.

Obviously, there is a lot more to learn than I anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom