WTB Buckeye chicks

Spires6

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Ohio
I am looking for Buckeye chicks. Would prefer an central Ohio breeder so I can pick up the chicks. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!

I am actually looking for the specific breed that are called Buckeyes.

You might want to check out "Buckeye Dave." He's seems really nice and has a very nice breeding program and website...and he's in Ohio! (http://www.buckeyechickens.com NPIP #31-395)
When I am looking for more Buckeyes I'll most likely check with him. I have gotten my first Buckeye chicks from Meyer Hatchery in Polk, OH, I know, some folks don't think too highly of 'hatchery chicks,' but I really like the folks at Meyer (have bought from them for the past two years, picking the chicks up myself--100% success rate in raising from day old chicks,25-30 total, selling the extras). And the single hen I have now is the most personable, friendly, sociable girl we have, out of 19, so I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them either.

Thanks I like Meyers also and drove there to pick up birds earlier this week. They just don't have any buckeyes available till August. Will check Buckeye Dave out.

Back
Top Bottom