WTB "cheap" eggs to test my new incubating skills - C. FL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Fluffy-Butt-Farms, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Fluffy-Butt-Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Central Florida
    I just got my first bator...and Ladybug4ut1 is testing it to make sure it is in good working condition.

She warned me not to get expensive eggs to run thru it the first time.

Does anyone have any "less expensive" eggs that i can try?

Breed is really not important.

2. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I have 2 dozen barred rock and barred cross eggs ready to ship tomorrow. They'll be about half pure barred rocks. Some of the hens are easter eggers, so there's a chance of green egg layers. I've had excellent fertility on them. These are large fowl. $16 shipped. If you're interested PM me.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  3. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    I will send you some for free if you can pay the shipping. I live in zip code 75494...just check and see how much shippiong would be and I would be happy to send some to you. I have pure brown leghorn, brown leghorn/exechequer leghorn cross, spangled hamburg, barred rock pure, ee/brown leghorn cross, and game hen /brown leghorn roo crosses. Just contact me and let me know. Sorry I can't pay the shipping would love to but things are tight right now.

4. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I can send you 8 guineas eggs for $10 shipped

5. happi752

happi752 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    I have 6 white Plymouth rock pure bred fertile eggs you can have. Just pay the shipping and packing cost. $15.00.

6. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I have white silkie eggs. There is a chance to get a mixed color and I have a buff in with the white girls. 12+eggs for $25 shipped.

7. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I would like to send out for testing.....turken and black Australorp eggs. I have them in separate pens, I would like to make sure they are fertile and now purebred. They have been separated for 4wks. I would just like $10 for shipping, 12+ eggs.

Interested? [​IMG]

8. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    You might also check your local Craigslist and feed stores. There's one store near me that sells chickens, and will gather fertile eggs from their pens. That's definitely cheaper than having eggs shipped, if you don't care what kind of chicks they are and are just looking to test the incubator.

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    If you have a food coop that mixes their own feed - be sure and ask the owner. Our food coop is still selling baby birds and the owner would gladly sell eggs as well.

If you cannot find locally, please feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do on a mixed farm egg price.

Hope this helps and have a blessed day....

10. Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Fluffy-Butt-Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Central Florida
    ty for all your offers. i'm having a TON of problems with this stupid bator (like variations of temp every hour from 95-101) and cant seem to get the stupid thing stabilized....so there will be test #2 with a new incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by