WTB Croad Langshan Eggs

Ruralhideaway

Crowing
6 Years
Sep 21, 2017
Upstate NY
Anyone raising Croad Langshans in the US? I'm looking to buy eggs around the end of March. Please reply with photos of your stock and their eggs.

Thank you!

I belong to a few Langshans breeder groups as I have bantam Langshans. You will be hard pressed to find plum eggs, if that is what you're going for. The breed standard is for tan to brown eggs.
I confess my ignorance. Just a backyarder who likes pretty eggs. How can those be gotten then? I know the plum bloom is basically a brown egg but some seem to lay a real purple tinted egg.

I confess my ignorance. Just a backyarder who likes pretty eggs. How can those be gotten then? I know the plum bloom is basically a brown egg but some seem to lay a real purple tinted egg.

It's very very very rare, not a typical breed trait. I did see a picture from one woman's flock on the FB group and hers had a beautiful bloom. But the majority are a dark brown, not quite chocolate.

I am not sure how to introduce our encourage such a thing; if I did I would certainly make it a goal with my bantam Langshans.
Thank you for the education. I know they are rare here but envisioned egg color being similar to the blue laying breeds, ideal rarely attained but blue(plum in this case) tinted nonetheless. They are still stunning birds and I love feathered legs, I'll grab some eggs if they do come along.

Thanks again, always learning!

Back
Top Bottom