WTB Ducks in MI

vicki2x2

Super Chick
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
Central Michigan
I am looking for 2-3 duck hens for a friend. Her son is allergic to chicken eggs
ep.gif
so they would like to add a couple of ducks to their coop for him. Would prefer breeds that are known for their excellent egg laying abilities, so they are more likely to lay most of the year. Indian runners or Khaki Campbells are probably her best bet. Prefer ones already laying, but would consider this years hatch also. Must be reasonable priced also, thanks!
smile.png

Quote:
Have they tried him with duck eggs? I'm also allergic to eggs....ALL eggs, it doesn't matter what kind of bird they come from. Granted, I haven't tried eating emu or robin's eggs, but any that I raise I'm allergic to. I can't even make deviled eggs without gloves or my fingers get all tingly
sad.png

Yes, they have been buying duck eggs, but they are hard to find. Her allergist is the one that suggested it. Evidently some people can tolerate duck eggs and not chicken eggs. Obviously not everyone, sorry to hear that. That must be hard, especially since, I am assuming you love chickens, as evidenced by your being on a Chicken forum!

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was told too, that some people allergic to chicken eggs can eat duck eggs...unfortunately I'm not one of those. Really stinks too, I've only been allergic for 8 years or so? I really miss dipping my toast in the runny egg yolk....
droolin.gif

Good luck finding some. There are usually tons at an auction locally, but that's a bit far for you
lol.png

My son is allergic to chicken and chicken eggs as well as other usual eggs, but killed a soft shell turtle in our pond full of eggs we tried him on them, and he actually tollerated them very well.
Quote:
Have they tried him with duck eggs? I'm also allergic to eggs....ALL eggs, it doesn't matter what kind of bird they come from. Granted, I haven't tried eating emu or robin's eggs, but any that I raise I'm allergic to. I can't even make deviled eggs without gloves or my fingers get all tingly
sad.png

Wow, that is interesting. Not sure that is something they could get on a regular basis, but I will mention it them. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom