WTB: Easter Egger chicks

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
Does anyone know how to go about finding Easter Eggers pullets/hens that have that pretty blue/gray coloring and also some with white (not all white though) or even other colorful combos?

I have bought EEs 3 times now and can only seem to get the brown/gold ones. Not that I dont love them, but I would love to find ones like several people posts pics of on here. Ideal and McMurray both just sent me the more normal colored ones.

If anyone breeds these to sell, could I please get on a list or two for chicks...even if its not til Spring?

Thanks
smile.png

Hi there. I have a 4 of these. One of mine is gold and blue, 3 are blue with lots of gold. They are gorgeous and my favorite! Hatched May 15 or so and seem to be getting ready to lay. I have some blue true Ameraucana month olds coming this week, but it will be a few months before they are able to start "daddying". I am planning on trying to produce more of these EEs as I think they are gorgeous, and with the Ameraucana roo, they should lay blue eggs for sure. If you can wait a while, I will let you know when they start laying fertile eggs.

I will post some one of these days on the breeds section.

I know when I want something now, I want it now, so maybe someone can help you out sooner.
smile.png

I bought 5 from my pet chicken. All are different and easily identified from one another. I did not get any whites. What I did get are pretty. I got one that is really red. 3 are kinda standard tanish with blue, although the shade of tan is very different. one is blond almost, one is dark tan, and one is a more medium. The one I like the coloring the best on it this little one (the pic is about a week old and she was 4 weeks when it was taken):
2868542464_c855ee4295_m.jpg

The pic is really bad. Her color is like a "reverse" gold spangled Hamburg. She is a deep black base color (which is iridescent green and purple), with gold spangles (spots) all over. Very pretty. I will try to get a better pic of her tonight.

Anyway I got a good variety of colors from MPC.

Thanks Jennifer
smile.png
I will keep watch for possible eggs in the future. I am going to try my first incubator hatch starting next week. If I manage to succeed at all, then I will try again.

Your EE is so pretty Jarhead. Maybe I will see if MPC still has some available, thanks.

These are my newest 2 from Ideal, now a week old, but are looking very much like my first two that came from McMurray.
Pic_03Sep112008.jpg

Weird, just found my pic of my first two (5 months ago) and they look almost identical to my two now. Even same place in the pic
smile.png

EasterEggers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found this thread...and have a few pics of my EE's......the parent stock, and a few of the " babies" that are now laying blue.
Let me know if you are interested in a few eggs...

some of the girls...
EEGirls08.jpg

FaithEE08.jpg

This is the daddy roo...Buddy. He is a rumpless.
Buddy08.jpg
one of thier pullets..at that "ugly stage"
P1010420.jpg

Here she is all grow up..
EEHawkeye408.jpg

Let me know if you are interested....PM me.

Back
Top Bottom