wtb full grown show quality chicken florida

jay1995

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Florida
I will buy any kind that is show quality must be reconized by the npa. I want one that is show ready. I can drive through florida and south Georgia. I really want to start showing. Please post pic of your chicken on this thread. Thanks.

I have nice young pullets, purebreds from hatchery stock, in a variety of breeds. I don't know if they're show quality, and I can't post pictures here. But if you're ever going to be in Palm Beach County, you're welcome to come here and take a look for yourself. I have:
RIR, NH Red, Red Sex-Link, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, White Jersey Giant, White Rock, Silver Phoenix, & Americana.

Email or PM me if you're interested.

Quote:
I bought these from the feed store, which orders from a hatchery, and they were sold as Americanas. They have willow green legs and puffy cheek feathers, and will probably lay green eggs. If I have any left in Jan I will enter them in our county fair as Americanas, the same as I did last year.

I imagine you have more exacting specifications, and I can appreciate your point of view.

Quote:
I bought these from the feed store, which orders from a hatchery, and they were sold as Americanas. They have willow green legs and puffy cheek feathers, and will probably lay green eggs. If I have any left in Jan I will enter them in our county fair as Americanas, the same as I did last year.

I imagine you have more exacting specifications, and I can appreciate your point of view.

You have EE's, Which Can't be shown in anything other than a county fair.
hmm.png

Quote:
egg.bid for show birds you have got to be joking!!!!!!!!!
you need to buy from a well knowed breeder

we sell on eggbid now and then......not joking.

just have to know what you are looking at.

Quote:
I can see by your signature line that you're passionate about REAL Ameraucanas, I guess you don't like it when EEs are labeled as Ameraucanas. But what is the difference? Can an EE be shown as an Ameraucana if it looks like their standard of perfection?

Please forgive my ignorance, since I don't routinely show chickens. Just once a year at our county's fair. And I know that show is different from other types of poultry shows.

But my understanding is that it's not a bird's pedigree but its appearance that counts in a show. That you could hatch an egg your duck laid and if it grew up to look like a White Leghorn you could show it as such. And if that duck more closely matched the standard of perfection for Leghorns than any other chicken entered in the show it would win the prize. I guess it would be risky to try to breed more Leghorns from that duck, but maybe you could try.

I have a lot of nice pullets in a variety of breeds that I've raised from hatchery stock. I don't know if any of them are show quality, or how closely any of them might match their breed's standard of perfection. I just replied to the OP's post to let them know I had these grown chickens for sale in Florida, and to offer them for consideration.

Back
Top Bottom