1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Leghorn hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AussieSharon, Jan 5, 2010.

1. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I am looking for Standard Size Leghorn hatching eggs. Prefer white but will consider other colors. Nothing fancy, I just want some good white egg layers.

I am in Virginia and due to weather would prefer that the eggs don't have to travel far. Please let me know what you have available, I have an incubator fired up and ready to hatch. [​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    AUssie Sharon our white Leghorns are presently laying very well. These are second generation to our full time farm and are very healthy. We give our poultry lots of care, great feed and sprouted grains and access to space and grass and lodging.... (we do use chicken tractors to protect them from predators but also fresh grass and grounds. Sorry for the mud on these photos but here goes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We ship eggs in the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

Please check out our feedback and also in the new BSA system
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

Please let me know how many you might like and I'll be glad to quote a price for you.

Have a blessed and happy New Year!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by