WTBST-at the Idabel, OK Poultry Show (this Friday!)

NM - I found directions.
cool.png

Last edited:
OK. I'm having trouble finding the fairgrounds. Can someone tell me what street its on, so I can print a map. Thanks Gena.

Here's how my day went:
Get up at 5:30, leave at 6:00, get to the Idabel poultry show at 7:45, have birds ready to be judged by 9:00, do showmanship at 9:30, watch birds being judged until 12:45, have awards ceremony at 1:00, and head home. That was my day...... well, a simplified description of it
lol.png

Except for my two Call Ducks (who got 2nd), all my birds got at least Reserve Variety! I even got a Class Champion with my LF Blue Ameraucana
smile.png

I also tied for Reserve Over All Champion in showmanship
big_smile.png

Possibly the best news of the day is that I got 11 new birds
yippiechickie.gif
There was a nice elderly gentleman who was getting out of the Old English Game Bantams, and at a price I couldn't refuse..... so, I got all 5 pairs
ep.gif
I am only keeping a trio or so, and the rest are going to the sale. The 11th birds I got is a gorgeous Blue Silkie Rooster to make a pair with my favorite little Blue Silkie pullet. I got the Silkie from "Hissy Fitz Farm".
I also got to meet and visit with BYC members - Cuban Longtails, rodriguezpoultry, and gritsar.

It was great meeting y'all too. Congrats on a good day Grace. I'm still
gig.gif
over those OEGBs. I guess my seeing LF brahmas all day every day made me forget that chickens come in sizes other than godzilla size. I can imagine having one of those little fellas on the farm. Every time he wanted to fight with my roo Thor, he'd have to come ask me for a stepladder.
lol.png

Now, back to figuring out how I can afford a coop for silkies.
droolin.gif

Yes, I have quite a variety of birds now! I've got all the way from LF Ameraucanas to OEGBs and everything in between
roll.png

lol.png
At least, these little guys are spunky!

Back
Top Bottom