WTC Quail Cage in OH

winstonsgrrrl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
Looking for a good rabbit hutch or other cage to keep quail in. Willing to drive a bit for one, if necessary. I'm going to the swap meet on Sunday, but I don't know what they'll have as far as cages and I'll need something to house the quail I plan to get while there.

Have you looked on craigslist?

I saw this one... would be great for quail

http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/1385843013.html

It's in columbus area

ETA : correction
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I've been looking around on craigslist a bit. Just curious--why wouldn't this one be great for quail? I'm new to them, so I want to know what to look out for!

That first one would be good because it's lower, quail don't need a lot of height ( I assume you are getting coturnix? ) I assume your weather is fairly cold too so either of those would give them some protection from cold and predators. The first one has trays so the poo wouldnt drop , the second one I assume the poo would drop on the ground. personally I like the poo to drop as then I can just shovel it out but I have them with trays too and you have more options on where you can put it with a tray.

Make sure if they don't have hardware cloth that you add it, as raccoons can pull their little feet or heads through anything bigger and it's not pretty.

nancy

i built my pens super easy and takes about an hour or 2 and 35 ft of 1/2 x 1/2 HW cloth total cost is about $25 for 4 pens 2ft x 2ft x 1ft

37420_picture_011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom