WTF???

If you have had the humidity at 70-80% through the incubation process then I am not surprised some are dying?

I
Humidity is way high.

Has it been that high throughout?
I live in Florida so the humidity is higher then many other places. But no it’s not been this high throughout. It’s varied from 50-80%. I’ve been keeping a damp rag in the incubator to maintain the humidity at a constant. Which it has done. How is the humidity being 70%+ killing the chicks?

I

I live in Florida so the humidity is higher then many other places. But no it’s not been this high throughout. It’s varied from 50-80%. I’ve been keeping a damp rag in the incubator to maintain the humidity at a constant. Which it has done. How is the humidity being 70%+ killing the chicks?
You've had your humidity between 50 and 80% the whole time...is that what you are saying?

I live in Houston Texas and the humidity here is always high.
I run my incubator with zero water added which keeps the incubator humidity at about 30%. I don't even raise my humidity to 50% for hatching time and I have excellent hatch rates.

Too high humidity throughout is much worse than two high humidity at the very end.

Back
Top Bottom