WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

Msbear I put it on first page too.
Sorry took so long. Having hard time right now my granddad is back in ccu in hospital.
So not as on top of things.
I also have some bourbon red turkey eggs being shipped Monday and rp x bronze (thanksgiving birds)
droolin.gif

Only had 4 tiger blk-wing bronze hatch.
Don't worry Tammy I still have the third tray for you.
Besides the dinner bird eggs ship wen and my top tray will be moved by set time.
Also I will have guinea keets but they will not hatch till after swap.
If anyone wants any just let me know.
Erin add jg's to your list I don't have many just a few that I have not made friends with.
I will not have any wheatens due to they are molting and could not have been a worst time to pick.
I will have chicks (Marans ) from my F1blue x wheaten hen.
They are bbs so far.
Ameraucanas in splash and blue and a few ee's
Egg chain hatches.
Turkeys too.(very few)
If my calls start to lay then I will have call duck eggs for hatching.
That's it on my up dates.

Tonya, what are Jg's ?????

I'll have 4 started pairs of rosecombs, some feather footed rosecomb chicks
roll.png
bantam cochin mixes from my MF project, olive egger chicks (egg chain) and should have some delaware chicks but, they are hatching elsewhere as my bator is FILLED to the brim. I think Kaylee (kryptoniteqhs) is hatching Dels too.

hatching eggs: black and wheaten rosecomb, delaware, welsummer, royal palm turks and maybe a small amount of jumbo coturnix quail

Thanks Tammy.
Yep that's what it is.
Hope everyone has a great day today! One week count down!
woot.gif

Everyone don't forget to start getting boxes for your birds.
Small for chicks and if selling pairs you will need large boxes!
Hint for smaller birds PO has free boxes.
big_smile.png

Erin do you what your turkeys before or bring to swap?
I will be hatching Burbon Reds& Blue Slate next week the eggs get shipped.
Also some mixes for the holidays. So any that would want a fresh turkey dinner let me know as I hope to get a good hatch from 6+ eggs.
(might have posted that already,sorry if I have)
Erin can you sex the young turkeys?
I have some already displaying when they get mad.
So cute. Some of them have bigger snoods too.
Had to add Blue Slate eggs(6)

Last edited:
I think I am going to try and make it to this. I am off and my kids will be away having Easter with their gram.
wee.gif

I am looking for Polish chicks. B/B/S, B/C/K, bearded White and Buff Laced. Anyone who has any of these I would like to reserve them before hand. PM me with pics and prices, if you can! Older ones are fine too, I would just like them to be under a year old!

Last edited:
Can we talk about pricing? What would you price the following (assuming they are at least breeder stock- we are about to that point - I think we will 'really' show some in the fall?))

1-3 week old (straight run)
Bantam Cochin
Silkie
Bbs maran

5-10 week old (still selling as straight run, but the cochins you can tell))
Blue/black Bantam cochin
Silkie
Bbs Maran
EE

Approx 3-4 month old (price for cockrels v/s pullets?)
Blue/black Bantam cochin
Silkie
Bbs maran

5 month old Coronation Sussex (POL pullets)

I don't want to charge too much, but this sale is how my kids pay for local and state 4H camp (ian I pay for feed of course), so I don't want them to under sell as well, yk?
I'm just looking for a middle ground
smile.png
!

Thanks for your time guys!

AC, we would love to have you
frow.gif
though I can't help with the varieties you're looking for. I know there were a couple.. maybe 3 breeders last year who had polish, I cannot remember who.

Tonya, I'll pm you about the turks
woot.gif

As for pricing, I would think $3 or so for hatchery quality chicks and $5 or so for breeder quality chicks. Chicks of high quality or from rarer breeds maybe $10 and then go up a dollar for every week or so of age.

I sell cochin bantam pullets (3 months or so) for $10 ea. I know Tammy gets more like $15 but that's because she has birds that actually lay a REAL egg
lol.png

As for the coronation pullets, hmm.. maybe $25 ea
idunno.gif
i do know they are hot right now but am unsure you would meet the right customer. You may want to start them high then drop the price around 10am... or maybe take them to a show.

Im having a hard time sorting through my young birds and deciding who to bring... I think this is how the chicken lady turns intoTHE CRAZY chicken lady
hide.gif
I really NEED to unload some birds...

I also did some chicken art... On is a painting of two white cochin girls giving stink eye to the buff laced polish girl like.. what is that on her head! I need help thinking of a cute saying for it like "drama queens" or "chick drama" or "top hat girl"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom