WV MD PA VA Chickenstock TSC Sat. April 23,2011

Soaring Chicks

Soaring Hawks Farm
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Henderson,NC
Hello Everybody!
It's time to start thinking about the WV Chicken Stock at Tractor Supply in Martinsburg on April 23,2011.
This year we would like to do 3 chicken stocks again.
We have always done them the last Sat in April and Sept. We would like to keeps those dates. Just need help on the 3rd sale. I was thinking about mid summer if we all can come up with a date for that we can get everything up and going. Erin is no longer NPIP and can not sale at the swaps and has passed everything down to help me get it set up for us. (Still helping out- such a very nice lady~ Thank You Erin!) Jonathan will be at my house to test this Friday so I can let him know then and get everything set up with him. Of course will need help getting flyers out and passing the word about the sale.
If you want your site listed on the Blog about the stock please e-mail the info to me or Erin as the site is still hers and she is willing to up date it for us.
It is only about 3 months away so we need to be making plans on what we will be hatching and bringing. Hope everyone had a Great Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!

Tractor Supply Co.
1212 North Queen Street
Martinsburg, WV 25404
(304) 263-5072

The blog is updated http://wvchickenstock.blogspot.com/
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE HAS CHANGED SO MORE VENDERS COULD BE THERE. THANKS !
THE LIST from the Breeders- Every year I try to keep track of what I hear may be coming to chickenstock and I keep the list here. I am SURE there will be more but.... here's what I got so far. I'll be updating periodically.

Coronation Sussex
BBS Marans
BBS Silkies
BBS Bantam Cochin
Free roos
mixes
Blue Wyandotte
Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Wheaten Marans
Blue Copper Marans
Cuckoo (silver and Blue) Marans
Olive Egg Layers
Extra roosters~ Great silver cuckoo rooster with all muffs. Hatched 12/10 he is single comb
Button Quail eggs & a few Hatching eggs
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Guinea Fowl (Lav,pied Lav,White,Pearl - pied)
EE's (easter eggers)
Barred rock
White rock
Welsummers
Rhode Island Red
New Hampshire Reds
Golden comets
Black sexlinks
Turkens
B/B/S Polish
Black copper marans
Americanas/Easter Eggers
Wheaten ameracauna
Blue marans
Sumatra
White phoenix
Coronation Sussex
Exchequer leghorn
Mottled d'uccle
Peafowl
Sebastopol geese
Baby goats
Silkies
Cochins
Rabbits
EE and Olive Egger chicks (Cuckoo Marans Roo over EE and Ameracuna hens.)
Rhode Island Reds
Buff Orpington
Frizzles
Silkies
Guinea
Black rosecombs
Welsummers
Delawares
Jumbo coturnix quail
Lavender Orp rooster
2 white rock hens
Blue NN hen/ pullet
Wheaten Marans
blue/black/buff bantam cochins
spangled old english game bantams
black japanese bantams
blue laced red wyandottes
CHICKS in the following breeds:
Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish

Last edited:
I can put flyers in local feed stores here. How about a free ad in the Valley Trader? Maybe end of June for the middle of the summer swap?
Thanks for taking up the reins, Tonya. We all appreciate it.

ok so one vote for June to have the 3rd sale (2nd in order)
Thank you.
Alot of us count on these stocks to sell off breeder culls and to help pay for the food/Elec. bills over the winter.
If you are going to set up please let me know so we can get the list of what could be there and about how many there will be.
Hope to see everyone and some new faces this year too.

WOW!
and WOW!

I still havent gotten the shop vac in my incubator room from last season. Cleaning it and organizing for a new season is not registering in my brain yet
But Im glad somebody is thinking forward.
smile.png

Thanks ,I was just talking about shutting mine down for a while to clean it out on byc to a freind and looked up the old thread. I e-mailed Erin and it snow balled from there.
I can't wait for one. Got a lot of roos and a few pairs to sell this spring. plus get to put the new dickey bator to real use!
lau.gif

Also I wanted to see what time everyone wanted to start it. The set time before was 8am-noon.
What do you think would be better of these?
8am-noon
8am -1pm
8am-2pm
9am-1pm
---------------------10am-2pm has been voted out!---------------------------------------
I know some had trouble getting set up before 8am and getting rushed.
So what ever time is picked I would say we need to set up at least a hour before just to give us time to be ready.
please let me know what ya'll think.
Thanks !

Last edited:
Thats too funny our local Poultry Swap in Augusta County, Virginia is like every 3rd Sat. of each month and we do it from 7-noonish. On warm days it is busy at 7am to.

So how many venders you all have show up to this event you all are having? Its a bit of a drive from where I am.

Yeah, Tonya. The farm community and yard sale types are up at the crack a dawn. Our first swap was 10-2 and it was a DISASTER. Buyers were there before the sellers and it was rushed and we were out of birds in a half hour. I would probably like to do 7-noon but, people will just be there at 6
roll.png
I think advertising it from 8-12 and then us getting there around 7-7:30 is key.

I will work on the blog this weekend when I get some time then do my mass email in March. I will also do the flyer as I enjoy doing them.. But, it anyone would like to do one as well.. that's fine too. Feed stores, gas stations, grocery stores, banks, etc. can all get posted.

Kat, I may chat with you and see how intense NPIP is in MD...
cool.png

Im excited... if for anything, wer'e thinking about something that'll be happening in the SPRING
lol.png

Springstock2011.jpg

Last edited:
I'm fine with the old time. I was just thinking of the ones that drive so far. As they were not to fond of the times.
Maybe we should make it longer ~ keep the 8am-1 or 2 pm.
That is of course if it goes like last time.
There was what close to 20 venders last time Erin??
It has been getting bigger every time.
We would love to have new people as buyers or sellers.
Erin would love to have you back just would not be the same with out you.
I will have this year for sale~
Blue Wyandotte
100% Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Wheaten Marans
Olive Egg Layers
A pair of Barber lines SplashBlue Laced Red Wyandottes
Trio or pair of Blue Copper Marans
If laying by April ~
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Also if I do the egg Swap .....
What ever I hatch of those. I am going to have JG's so what ever I don't need of those too.
Can you tell I love my new incubator???
lau.gif

I am in but am asking for the date to be April 23rd not April 30. I am leaving in the middle of the night April 30/May 1 for GA.

Back
Top Bottom