wy is my hen pecking me????????????????

the3ofus+oursixchicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
alabama
hit.gif
:/ my little daisy is 21 weeks old. she is sweet most of the time but she has recently started pecking me HARD! it hurts. she has a little hurt leg and wants to sit in my lap. when she gets up in my lap she does fine for a while then its like she gets mad at me and starts growling like and her comb turns real red and she pecks HARD. WHY????????????????????????? she is a sweet girl.

I don't know, but I was coming on here to research the same thing. My hens started pecking my toes and they really like my ring (shiny!) I have 2 chickens in particular that will almost agressively rush me. I give them a little swat and they flap their wings and cluck and go away. Maybe it is them trying to rise above me in the pecking order but I will not allow them to bully me.

They are attracted to toes fingers and esspecially shiny objects.
But the first hen mentioned does seemed to be getting upset with you.
If she has an injury that may be why, or if she is young she may be growing out of liking to be handled as much.

well its not just my hands its my arms and she got my chin this morning. but she is hoping up in my lap herself if she isnt liking the holding much. i mean i pick her up my self too. yeah she wasnt doing like that until she hurt her leg.

SHE PECKS MY ARMS,HANDS,FACE JUST WHERE EVER SHE CAN. YEAH WHEN I AM SITTING ON THE GROUND AND SHE STARTS HOBBELING OVER TOO ME SHE TRIES TI JUMP IN MY LAP SO I PICK HER UP AND SIT HERE UP THERE. SHE IS FINE FOR A LONG WHILE THEN SHE STARTS. YEAH I THINK ITS HER LEG TOO. SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN LOVING. I HOPE WHEN HER LEG GETS WELL SHE QUITS DOING THAT. I THINK MORE THAN ANYTHING IT HURTS MY FEELINGS BECAUSE I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP HER AND DO FOR HER WHAT I THINK SHE WANTS. THE LITTLE STINKER. IT HAS BEEN RAINING HERE ALL DAY WE LIVE IN ALABAM AND HURRICANE LEE HAS BEEN MOVING ACROSS HERE ALL DAY. THEY HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET OUT AND FREE RANGE TODAY. PETUNIA PICKS AT HER SO I TOOK HER OUT OF THE COOP AND WAS HOLDING HER AND TALKING TO HER.
hugs.gif
SHE WAS FINE FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE SHE TURNED AND PECKED RIGHT UNDER MY BOTTOM LIP. (THINK SHE WAS WANTING ME TO SHUT UP ANYWAY SO SHE GOT PUT BACK IN THE COOP PRETTY FAST AND I HAD TO GO AWAY WITH HURT FEELINGS:hit. I HAVE A COUPLE OF BRUISES ON THE INSIDE OF MY ARM WHER SHE HAS GOTTEN ME. BUT I STILL LOVE HER:love THE LITTLE DARLIN
smack.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom