Wyandotte chicks somehow found their way home with me today

Miss Dottie

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Riverside, Ca
My name is Amy, and I am a chick-o-holic.

I went to the feedstore today and they had silver and gold laced wyandotte chicks. I couldn't leave without taking 4 of them home! I've never had wyandottes before but everyone seems to say they are nice birds.

Just had to share. So now I have the 4 wyandottes, 2 mottled cochin bantys, one white frizzle banty, 1 black giant, 1 white giant, 2 black australorps and a blue cochin! Chicks are so addicting!

Congratulations! I have silver laced on my wish list because, but the gold laced are so pretty in the pictures I have seen! Since we are not ready for our chicks yet, I better stay away from the feeds stores.
big_smile.png

Quote:
All BYC Forum members- "Hi Amy".
big_smile.png

Don't you just love your little baby peeps? I just got 8 on Wednesday! I love their tiny little furry butts!

Congrats keep us updated!

Congrats on your new peeps! We ordered 2 golden and 2 silver wyandottes on Aug 24th and they just started laying. Ours are very friendly and beautiful. One of our golden ones like to hop onto my lap.We love how their laced feathers look, like they are dressed ready for a dancing ball. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. They are sooo addictive.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Hi! I'm a chick-a-holic too!

I'm picking up some golden laced wyandotte day old chicks on Monday. One roo and two pullets......I think they're beautiful! Congrats!

Me too!!! I hatched out 29 chicks the other day and yet I STILL couldn't resist getting 3 silver laced wyandottes at the feed store today. I also got a schedule of what they are getting in and when...
hide.gif
Today was SLW, GLW, black sex link and EE. All pullets. At least with all the ones I hatched hubby won't notice the 3 I added to the pack LOL!
tongue2.gif

I have 1 Gold Laced and 1 Silver laced that will be 1 year old in April. My gold laced is a laying machine. I get a large egg from her nearly every day. Her egg is a little odd shaped, it is long and skinny. Both of these pullets started a light molt a few days ago. Even so the Gold laced continues laying. My gold laced is Very friendly.

I have 1 additional gold laced and 3 blue laced red on order for early April. I can't wait! (This is just part of my order. I am actually getting 25 chicks).

Back
Top Bottom