Wyandotte limp?

CLeber719

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2020
Hey everyone! So another, not so urgent question. I have a gold laced wyandotte pullet that has always had a weird limp since she was a chick. As she has become larger, the limp has become more pronounced. She's still eating and drinking fine and wanders around the yard looking for bugs but she doesn't scratch like the others (which has caused her middle nail to grow and we have to trim) and she tends to fall behind when the other pullets are on the move quickly. But what I can't seem to put together is that while my other (same aged) wyandottes have seemed to matured with combs getting more red and laying, Jupiter, the limping pullet, has sort of stopped maturing. We love her regardless of her ability to lay, but I just want to find out if anyone has encountered this before?

It may have been a slipped tendon or deformed leg as a chick that was never corrected. Could you post pic of the leg, or a video of her walking?

Hey everyone! So another, not so urgent question. I have a gold laced wyandotte pullet that has always had a weird limp since she was a chick. As she has become larger, the limp has become more pronounced. She's still eating and drinking fine and wanders around the yard looking for bugs but she doesn't scratch like the others (which has caused her middle nail to grow and we have to trim) and she tends to fall behind when the other pullets are on the move quickly. But what I can't seem to put together is that while my other (same aged) wyandottes have seemed to matured with combs getting more red and laying, Jupiter, the limping pullet, has sort of stopped maturing. We love her regardless of her ability to lay, but I just want to find out if anyone has encountered this before?
Can you get some photos of her and how she stands? Her legs, etc.?

Still an image... don't worry :D I can never get videos to work either. Does she scream or cry when you bend or touch that leg?
No. Not at all. I also palpated both her legs to see if I feel any irregularities but I didn't notice anything. But the problem seems to be in her right leg. It doesn't seem to stop her from doing much, but I was just curious about it

It may have been a slipped tendon or deformed leg as a chick that was never corrected. Could you post pic of the leg, or a video of her walking?
This is a picture of her legs, her right leg seems to be the issue.

Attachments

• 20201028_155521.jpg
    20201028_155521.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 6
No. Not at all. I also palpated both her legs to see if I feel any irregularities but I didn't notice anything. But the problem seems to be in her right leg. It doesn't seem to stop her from doing much, but I was just curious about it
I wouldn't worry about it... if she is fine now it's probably all OK... just an unhealed tendon or bone or something I'd guess

Could there be any correlation between that and her inability to lay? She's looked noticeably different from the others for months now

Back
Top Bottom