Wyandotte limp?

pfffff... I couldn't say... maybe? she still looks healthy minus her slightly twisted leg.... I'd just look after her and keep an eye... can you take more close up pics of her head?
and feathers?
These are the best I could do. Chickens aren't exactly the most cooperative 😆

Attachments

• 20201028_164644.jpg
    20201028_164644.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20201028_164650.jpg
    20201028_164650.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 3
These are the best I could do. Chickens aren't exactly the most cooperative 😆
Hmmm. Her feathers look lovely to me! Admittedly her wattle and comb ect should be redder (I have 4 ex bats and theirs still looks like flacid bacon... neighbors have some too... BRIGHT RED!! they use something called poultry spice so I am going to try that...) She has a tiny comb but some breeds do. She seems pretty healthy... is the rest of her ok?

Hmmm. Her feathers look lovely to me! Admittedly her wattle and comb ect should be redder (I have 4 ex bats and theirs still looks like flacid bacon... neighbors have some too... BRIGHT RED!! they use something called poultry spice so I am going to try that...) She has a tiny comb but some breeds do. She seems pretty healthy... is the rest of her ok?
Yeah, she seems perfectly healthy minus her wattle, comb and that weird limp. My husband thinks we should just name her Mumble after the penguin from Happy Feet and be done with it😂. Her sisters all have a flaming red wattle and comb, even if they are smaller combs and all of them have been laying for about a month now. Just weird.

Yeah, she seems perfectly healthy minus her wattle, comb and that weird limp. My husband thinks we should just name her Mumble after the penguin from Happy Feet and be done with it😂. Her sisters all have a flaming red wattle and comb, even if they are smaller combs and all of them have been laying for about a month now. Just weird.
It is weird. But she looks far from unhealthy (i like mumble :D) try giving her some extra nutrients or some 'chicken spice' in small amounts.

It is weird. But she looks far from unhealthy (i like mumble :D) try giving her some extra nutrients or some 'chicken spice' in small amounts.
Haha I like Mumble too, but I was like "how insulting!!" Well, if she's just doing her thing, I guess I'll just keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't in pain and let her keep doing whatever it is she does! Thanks for the confidence boost😀

Haha I like Mumble too, but I was like "how insulting!!" Well, if she's just doing her thing, I guess I'll just keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't in pain and let her keep doing whatever it is she does! Thanks for the confidence boost😀
No worries! Be sure to let us know if anything happens. If you are really curious and can afford it maybe have the vets check her out :)

always had a weird limp since she was a chick
As she has become larger, the limp has become more pronounced
problem seems to be in her right leg
This is a picture of her legs, her right leg seems to be the issue.
Could there be any correlation between that and her inability to lay? She's looked noticeably different from the others for months now
she seems perfectly healthy minus her wattle, comb and that weird limp. My husband thinks we should just name her Mumble after the penguin from Happy Feet and be done with it😂. Her sisters all have a flaming red wattle and comb, even if they are smaller combs and all of them have been laying for about a month now.
How old is she?

Likely she has a leg deformity if she's always limped. The right leg looks a bit twisted, so it may be twisted tibia. Usually this is genetic or due to parent stock nutrition (lacking).
A leg deformity will often become more pronounced as they get older and gain weight. There's really nothing you can do.
If she's active/eating/drinking and happy within herself, then enjoy her.

Her comb, wattles, etc. look normal to me. Birds come into maturity in their own good time even when you have birds of the same breed/hatch. She may be behind and will begin laying. It's possible that she may have internal development issues as well - but only time will tell.
She's lovely, so just have fun with her.

Back
Top Bottom