Wyandotte ruffled for months now - getting worse-

Beard4

Songster
Apr 12, 2020
North Central Alabama
I have 2 Wyandotte’s (a silver and a gold)
The silver looked to be in a slight molt a couple months ago, the gold joined her a couple of weeks ago. But now it seems to be getting worse. See pictures of silver (any idea on how to help if it is a molt) I haven’t been able to see bugs on them, but not sure what I am looking for. We are deep cleaning coop/run tonight and laying down sand.. everything we put down seems to wash away with the hard rains we have had lately.

We have a golden comet who hasn’t laid since the end of January (some days her poop looks normal, some days it is foamy/clear to slight yellow). It has been this way since Feb, she still squats and goes to the coop to try and lay an egg daily. Nothing!

Lastly, last night we came home from church with a polish dead. At 3pm she was acting a little off resting a good bit but then joining the others for a dust bath.. we believe by 5pm she was gone as she was stiff when we arrived home at 9 pm. they had water, they had ventilation, but we have again had such bad rains I wonder if she got a hold of some scratched feed they throw outin the run that had gotten wet possibly moldy that we just didn’t see.. it broke our hearts she was such a sweet chicken.😭

Attachments

• 9E761CFD-2FBB-446F-AB4F-51913C8399EF.jpeg
    9E761CFD-2FBB-446F-AB4F-51913C8399EF.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 3
  • D5A36FE2-D99B-4CDE-B76B-C7E7E42461CE.jpeg
    D5A36FE2-D99B-4CDE-B76B-C7E7E42461CE.jpeg
    637.2 KB · Views: 3
I would go to a vet . You could have multiple problems going on and they can give you medication.I hope you don’t lose any more birds(🤞) and the ones you have lost go to birdy heaven ❤️

I would go to a vet . You could have multiple problems going on and they can give you medication.I hope you don’t lose any more birds(🤞) and the ones you have lost go to birdy heaven ❤️
We don’t have a poultry vet near me that I know of, I have tried to research that one also.. I come here and try to look before posting but every situation is different.. I sure hope we don’t lose any more, my kids consider them pets and it took me until 11pm last night to calm them down..

I think I may treat them as they have mites (even though I have done the paper test) checked them at night and all and don’t see anything right off.. I am trying to research now the best way to treat mites 😖 with all the different opinions I just hope I do it right and get the cause taken care of

Any nice vet that takes birds should take chickens. Some places won’t take poultry cause they seem to think that they don’t matter but nice places will let them in.

Back
Top Bottom