Wyandotte thread anyone??

hi im new here but i have a hen that is 7 months old a diamond laced wyandotte . im looking for a rooster to mate with her . im 75 hard to get around so i have someone help me with them .i have 1 longhorn and my wyandotte hasnt layed an egg yet either

Hi there! Welcome to the forum and this chat thread! :frow I've never seen a diamond laced wyandotte! I'd love to see pictures! How old are your hens and what are you feeding them? Some times what you feed them disturbs egg laying. Depending on how old they are, you should start feeding layer pellets. But before you do that, tell me how old they are. (Oh, and you might be feeding layer pellets already! :))

I'm not sure if I posted this yet, but anyway, her name is Blamo.
DSCN4121.jpg

i have 1 diamond laced wyandotte its 7 months old shes aq beauty she was the solew survivor out of 5 chicks .so i had to be mama she hasnt laid yet would love to find her a wyandotte rooster very intelligent

i have 1 diamond laced wyandotte its 7 months old shes aq beauty she was the solew survivor out of 5 chicks .so i had to be mama she hasnt laid yet would love to find her a wyandotte rooster very intelligent

I don't want to be rude or anything, but could you please spell words a little better?... because I can't read your posts very easily. Thank you. :)

Also, if your saying you want a rooster for the hen to lay eggs, you don't need that. A hen will lay great eggs to eat with out a roo! But, if you want to hatch eggs, you'll need fertile eggs which requires a rooster.

They've been on layer pellets since 19 weeks. No egg squats. Hope I don't have a bunch of roosters, though I think they'd be crowing by now. Combs don't look red and fully developed either. Just wondered if Wyandottes typically are older before laying.

Back
Top Bottom