Wyandottes... help please?

I've raised Gold Laced Wyandotte's from chicks this year, got them around May so they're about 8-9 months old. Two of them were roosters. I agree with Emmarainboe, looks like male colors coming in on the feathers. From my personal experience, I'd say based on the redness of the face, comb and waddles plus the size of the waddles, that it's a boy. Another month and you'll know for sure but I'd be willing to bet on it being a boy.

That’s why I’m super confused lol!

I hatched 5 of these, they’re all very similar with one having slightly less red in the comb.

At what age would the males be getting their “rooster colours”?
They color up darker by 8-10 weeks. The males never develop lacing around the head in my experiences with the breed.

Thanks! I’m sceptical because ijust can’t be that lucky to hatch 5 pullets, and I thought the amount of red on this one was pointing to cockerel but when compared to my Belgian pullets the same age there’s not that much difference.

I’m still confused as half of you guys are saying cockerel and the other half pullet. Lol

I’m actually looking to move these guys on so really need to figure out what they are. No signs of crowing yet from any of these and my Belgians of the same age are well and truly crowing.

Here is a picture of a 13 week GLW (not my photo, from google), it doesn't have the lacing all around like @oldhenlikesdogs said. However I am not yet convinced yours is female. Yours looks like it is getting male feathering. The reason I asked where you got them is because I was curious as to if it was just poor quality.
1609306624260.png

Here is a picture of a 13 week GLW (not my photo, from google), it doesn't have the lacing all around like @oldhenlikesdogs said. However I am not yet convinced yours is female. Yours looks like it is getting male feathering. The reason I asked where you got them is because I was curious as to if it was just poor quality.
View attachment 2468284
Thanks for the help! I never saw photos of the parents that these came from so no idea of quality; I honestly just wanted something to fill my incubator.

I still think it's a late developing cockerel. It seems awfully small for its age. The uneven color and lacing, the lack of tail feathers, and what looks like male specific feathering coming in at the saddle and shoulders are what I'm going on. But pictures can easily deceive us into believing that something is there that really isn't, so hopefully this is the pullet the OP wants.

I still think it's a late developing cockerel. It seems awfully small for its age. The uneven color and lacing, the lack of tail feathers, and what looks like male specific feathering coming in at the saddle and shoulders are what I'm going on. But pictures can easily deceive us into believing that something is there that really isn't, so hopefully this is the pullet the OP wants.
Thanks! Not fussed either way, I just want to be sure when I rehome them.

Okay, I searched and found this pic of our GLW, she is hatchery quality, and I know there is variation among chickens, but her coloration is very even compared to your guy/gal. She is the top right, the bottom left is our BLRW. This is 15 weeks.
60175154673__3CDF3029-D359-457B-B06E-413545AD2165.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom