x mas inlaws dont dig my gals!

Quote:
Yep, some people don't get it and never will. My Dad always told me...never trust someone who doesn't like animals. Over the years this advice always turned out to be true.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I agree with everyone on here as usual!! We live next door to my in-laws and there is NO WAY I could stand it if DH wasn't man enough to stand p to his mother. I also try killing with kindness, but every now and then a good verbal smack upside the head can let people know where they stand.

DH was married before. The in-laws introduced them and she was their choice for him. When it didn't work out they were very disappointed. So, when DH and I were getting married FIL went on and on and on about how "she" did this or that. Somehow the woman who cheated on their son and left him was still the better choice. Grr. But, I understood that DH and I were marrying and that it meant that these people were now part of my life. So I sat down with FIL one day very casually and said, "You know, Dh and I are getting married, which means that when you are old and disabled it will be me who will be most likely taking care of you." He just looked at me. I smiled very kindly and said, "When the time comes, I can wipe your a** with cotton or I can wipe your a** with steel wool. It all depends on how you treat me now. You might want to think about that." I walked away. HE sat there stunned for several long seconds and then roared with laughter. He tells everyone that story now and is quite pleased with me overall. I think I just needed to stand up to him.....

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Oh, please, please, please tell me I can borrow that one!

lau.gif
gig.gif

I can't understand why family has to be rude to one another.

I've never seen it... so I can't understand it.

She's your MIL, she sees it as her job to do this. Smile, tell her how all the differences between you two are so wonderful because it means you each have just that much more to bring to the table. Kill her with kindness.

Last edited:
I agree, kill her with kindness, and don't expect her to have to like your birds just because you do. When your attitude changes, hers will come right long with it..trust me on that...been there and I have the most amazing MIL now that we have agreed to disagree on some aspects of our lives but we have also learned to love each other in the process. We've even learned to share the love of our lives...and know that we both have his best interest in mind>)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom