Xl quail egg packaging?

No
Just cartons and labels.
My original order of jumbo hatching eggs was from Southwest Gamebirds
My original order was from MyShire and they're almost two years old. I'm looking to bring in some new genetics, but Southwest Gamebirds has gotten out of the egg shipping business. Thieving Otters have take up that line and I'll probably order from them, but I'm always interested in finding other sources.

Sorry about the thread highjack.

Quailcartons.com
I use their pulp cartons for my XL 18 count eggs sales, and those Amazon plastic containers for the standard size eggs. Won’t work for the big double yolkers, but will for majority of the jumbo Coturnix eggs.
Quailcartons.com
I use their pulp cartons for my XL 18 count eggs sales, and those Amazon plastic containers for the standard size eggs. Won’t work for the big double yolkers, but will for majority of the jumbo Coturnix eggs.
I saw those but the cost over $1/package...?!

I saw those but the cost over $1/package...?!
Yes, they are more expensive. Really depends on your market. I sell those jumbo eggs at a higher cost in an online farmers market. The market page posts pictures for people to see, and they also want recyclable materials. I sell the smaller eggs in plastic containers for lesser prices at local specialty grocery stores. I’ve tried both ways in both markets. In the grocery store people buy visually and the clear plastic containers sell better.

Hey, I found a different solution for this. I started giving my quail hens one chicken egg a day. They really like the yolk. Their eggs have all become uniform in size and speckle pattern, and they now fit much more uniformly into the existing plastic cartons.

Hey, I found a different solution for this. I started giving my quail hens one chicken egg a day. They really like the yolk. Their eggs have all become uniform in size and speckle pattern, and they now fit much more uniformly into the existing plastic cartons.
Are you sure it's that and not simply that they've matured into their regular egg laying?

That's certainly possible but the change was dramatic and overnight and consistent for all the hens.
If they're all the same age, it sounds plausible. If you want to prove it, you need to have at least two groups from the same hatch. Feed one group the chicken egg, feed the other normally and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom