Xl quail egg packaging?

I'm going to move this thread to our Quail forum for more help. I used to order quail eggs from Murray McMurry and they were packed in foam, had holes where they set the eggs in. This helps for different egg sizes. Ive heard of people packing quail eggs in sawdust, keeps them pretty safe too. However hopefully others will chime in with ideas.

Hi, I've been selling quail eggs in these packages, but some of the eggs are too large and get crushed by the package. Does anyone have a specific product they can recommend that has slightly larger cells? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MLDS5VC
Magnolia Quail Farms in Mississippi has 24 pack egg cartons that are about 1/5 larger than the ones you find on Amazon. Even my largest eggs fit in them. The issue I've seen is that smaller eggs can be difficult to remove. They were recommended recently for hatching eggs as well. They're on Facebook, which I'm not, but they responded to an email within a couple of hours.
If you plan to ship your eggs, I'd use the foam that others have recommended, but if you're hand delivering, I think the plastic cartons are adequate.

Foam shippers is the only way to ship eggs and as @Nabiki , said, "double boxed" works well. I haven't had any reports of cracked or broken eggs from any of my clients that I have shipped eggs to using this method!

Hi, I've been selling quail eggs in these packages, but some of the eggs are too large and get crushed by the package. Does anyone have a specific product they can recommend that has slightly larger cells? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MLDS5VC
Quailcartons.com
I use their pulp cartons for my XL 18 count eggs sales, and those Amazon plastic containers for the standard size eggs. Won’t work for the big double yolkers, but will for majority of the jumbo Coturnix eggs.

I have tried many different plastic type cartons and have not found any that work with most my jumbo eggs. Most never come close to closing its mainly one line I have that have very large eggs. But even my smallest laying jumbos eggs still only about half fit so would love to hear what's working for others.

Back
Top Bottom