Xxxl Super Jumbo Coturnix

What do you feed these huge birds and are they overly fat in the breast when dressed out (if you harvest them).

gonna go weigh some of my Jumbos... be right back
lol.png

ok so jumbo A&M 7 weeks old + 14 ounces

Jumbo pharoah = 13.5 ounces

oh I used a wide rubberband over the wings and body and another to keep legs together and just placed in the scale bowl, worked well.

According to my scale (me + bird - me) all my birds weigh either nothing or about 2 lbs.....not the best method.
lol.png

I did consider putting them into a box and putting them on my postal scale, but after those guys I sold at the reptile show broke their necks I'm a little reserved....I do like the small hampster cage idea though. I might have something similar laying around. I really want to find out how big my birds really are!

Quote:
The rubber bands worked really well and the quail did not seem bothered by it. The one I used around the body is about 3/4 of an inch wide so it did not dig into them in any way.

If you need something to put them in, just pop them in a paper lunch sack, pillow case, or just wrap them in a towel. Be sure to weigh what you put them in, and subract that from the total weight.

Back
Top Bottom