Yak *Herd Pics pg 5*

Here is Bullet:

-1.jpg

-2.jpg

He has a decent amount of white on him for a royal- which is why he's not becoming dinner. His breeder raises yaks for meat, but he's too pretty to eat
smile.png

Sparring with his Dad:
-4.jpg

-5.jpg

Crazy the difference between big daddy and 1 1/2 year old baby
smile.png
The other reason they're selling him- They already have a big, handsome bull.

He was dam raised, and I'm not expecting him to get along with the tiny goats (The two babies are 13 and 14 lbs).

I want Imperial/Imperial Trim cows. We'll see we can work out, though
smile.png

He's a beauty! So is his daddy. We have mostly Imperials and Trims. One of our cows that came to us from Idaho was apparently bred back (she had come with a young calf, so we did not expect her to be bred already). In March, she surprised us with a precious little Royal bull. We decided to keep him as a future breeder bull, and named him Norbhu. When the time comes, we'll have our Imperial bull, Raven, and our Royal bull, Norbhu, to play the gene pool game with.

Quote:
Thank you
smile.png
That's great! I read the genetic color pattern info on IYAK's site (I read most of the site, actually). If I had trim cows, I'd have a 50/50 shot at royal calves... not too shabby
smile.png
. A royal bull calf is indeed a nice surprise
smile.png
Do you have pics of him?

Quote:
TY
smile.png
I do love his spots- but I think people will ask what the heck kind of holstein he is... Not many yak (or any) in our area yet, LOL.

The royals are supposed to have a lower fiber production/quality than the black/imperials... I don't really care, since I can dye the white down fiber- not so much on the black. I figure I'll be able to make some small skeins every year and use them for something nice eventually.

I'll be using the yaks more for packing and pet markets here. Our nearest city is pretty well chock full of city kids who want to be cowboys, so they moved to Montana. It's a fun place to work! Lol. The royals are the winners in the pasture/pack pet market, it seems. That's why I chose a royal bull.

theres just something in general that i LOVE about black and white animals lol, and im sure if you bred your royal bull to some good wooly girls you could get some nice wooly babies
smile.png

how much land would a trio of yak need for normal grazing with light suplimentation?
(im currently in the how much land do i need to have what i want stage, and i must admit, the yak and alpaca are calling to me and wernt on my origional "plan" im going to need a couple hundered acres by the time im done
tongue.png

Nice Royals
smile.png

I'm quite jealous of people with Royals. . . Although I'm curious, anyone besides DelYaks own any Goldens? The guy I bought my black from once had a golden cow, and like all other goldens, she got bought by DelYaks. . . Anyone have one? I do love their color, especially when really light.

Back
Top Bottom