Yall ready for Spring? (Pics)

It is really hard to stay warm here. The only one that is happy about the snow here is the ski industry and the snowplow guys lol. And oh yeah consumers power! I am pretty backward in taking pictures, I wouldn't know how to operate a digital camera! It seems my friend Denise has had a case of frostbite with her birds. This is her first winter with chickens. We are really rookies and we are coming up on our 1st year on having chickens. So far we have had wonderful luck and only lost 2 birds(I am not counting the 3 deaths of those meat birds she had. She didn't know what to think when she found her 1st dead bird. I told her it ate itself to death. Well the rest went to market soon after.) one to a racoon attack and the other to illness. Take care and please keep showing some more pictures! Mary

I cant wait for spring. Sitting here talking abiut how warm it has been in the past week, 68 last Friday, and then we look out,...and its snowing! Here I was all excited about spring coming and something like this happens. It is crazy weather here, been up since 5 this morning and it was 53, been nice all day. A little cloudy but nice. And now its 39 and snowing. You know what they say about Ky, if you dont like the weather give it 30 minutes and it will change.

~Casey

Ahhhhhh, Spring.....Yes we are excited to see it come here to SE Indiana. We have 6 Muscovy ducks, we rescued this last fall. I hear they are prolifant breeders. I cant waite to see the baby ducklings running around the yard.
big_smile.png
im EXCITED! The hens are laying again...and I am going to look into getting my first incubator...I hope its easier than it sounds...
hmm.png
Anyways....here is a pic from last spring. From my property.....enjoy...
Barnandcloverjune05.jpg

Now I know the pic is not a current pic of SE Indiana.

this is more like what I hear
winter-path.jpg

Last edited:
Yes spring is coming !! We've got little patches of grass starting to grow around here finally. Soon I'll be complaining about the heat & bugs!!!
justusnak, nice place you have there.Yeah when the weather gets all cold & dreary,it's nice to look back on warmer days! Is that clover growing in the field?
54Belair, all I can say is BRRRRR!!! It's been a long while since we've had any snow,ice.I think back in 2000 we had 4 inches of snow here, doesn't happen very often. But when it does it shuts down everything! It's beautiful picture.
Thank you both for sharing.Have a wonderful day...

Miriam

bayouchia.....that pic is from a side yard/field....next to my home. That is the barn we are fixing for critters. Needs a new floor....thinking large stone topped with AGLIME. Not sure yet...looking for input on that. Whatever the floor is, has to be about 6 inches thicker than it is now.
Anyways....we love our place...just bought it 2 yrs ago..lotsa plans..little money..LOL HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!
big_smile.png

54Belair....all of that melted...on the warm up now! Woohoo!!

Back
Top Bottom