Yankee Fall classic oct. 17,2010

I am!!! My first show!!! Not selling just hoping to pick up a few pretty birds
tongue.png
What are you looking for?

This is my first time going I'm not showing, just admiring. I'm hoping to find BLRW and whatever else strikes my fancy. There are so many pretty birds out there.
smile.png

i know!!!! cant wait!!just have to get rid of a few of mine so i can make room for some new girls!!
Tab's chicken obsession :

This is my first time going I'm not showing, just admiring. I'm hoping to find BLRW and whatever else strikes my fancy. There are so many pretty birds out there.
smile.png

I don't plan to get rid of any of my girls, I do have 9 BO roosters and 2 cornish rock X that I would send to the freezer though. Do you know of anyone who butchers chickens?
My husband tells me I'm going to fill are old dairy barn with chickens, but he's just as addicted to them as me.
Are you looking for anything in particular?

I actually live in an neighborhood!! haha My neighbors don't mind the girls. But I just don't nhave the room I would like! I have 8 now and would like to sell6 and get 2 at the show to end up with4 different hens. I have 4 amber links 1 brown leghorn 2 RIR and 1NHR, I'm not looking for anything in particular, maybe a jersey giant girl or I'm kinda in love with the bug butt Cochins. I'm a little addicted too if I had the room I'd have 100 and butcher them mmmmm. I don't know of anyone who butchers them though so I'd have to do it myself:rolleyes: How many do you have all together?

I don't plan to get rid of any of my girls, I do have 9 BO roosters and 2 cornish rock X that I would send to the freezer though. Do you know of anyone who butchers chickens?
My husband tells me I'm going to fill are old dairy barn with chickens, but he's just as addicted to them as me.
Are you looking for anything in particular?​

Counting the ones we would like to get rid of we have 61. Monday I lost 2 juvenile splash BLRW to my friends dog, 3 yr old opened the pen when we got back from the zoo. they were my birthday present on the 2nd, so I'm kinda hoping to find some at the show to replace them. We would probably sell some of our mix breeds and we try to sell our excess eggs to put towards feed costs.

About how much should I expect to pay for a laying hen at the show?!Don't wanna bring a ton of $ with me because I dont trust myself to not come home with way toooo many birds:drool

Counting the ones we would like to get rid of we have 61. Monday I lost 2 juvenile splash BLRW to my friends dog, 3 yr old opened the pen when we got back from the zoo. they were my birthday present on the 2nd, so I'm kinda hoping to find some at the show to replace them. We would probably sell some of our mix breeds and we try to sell our excess eggs to put towards feed costs.​

I think it all depends on the bird and the seller. A lot of times they only sell as pairs, unless they are selling babies. I've seen some pairs go for $40, others for more and others for less.

Back
Top Bottom