Yard Sale ....pricing help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, May 19, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Our town is having a community yard sale this saturday. I have my items pulled together, but have no idea how to price things. I really want to just get rids of the things but some items are really nice (Collectors plates etc)

HELP [​IMG]

I have several working printers some just standard but a couple are scanners too, nothing wrong hubby just kept upgrading until he got what he wanted. I was thinking like $7 each on the standard and $10 on the scanners..... does that sound fair. What about cordless phones? I have 2 that are 2.4ghz since we no longer have home service no need to keep.

2. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Crowing

Apr 19, 2009
    Where you live will make a big difference in what prices will keep things moving. Heavily trafficked, upscale urban and suburban area garage sales draw larger crowds, willing to spend larger amounts whereas rural and poverty stricken areas tend to draw more frugal shoppers.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Your prices sound good. I'd say $10 or so for the phones, too since the newer ones are 5.something ghz now. [​IMG]

If I were you, I'd sell the collector plates on ebay or sell to a dealer. I don't think you'll get a good price for them at a garage sale. Take pictures and post them on here! I want to see them.

4. Equus5O

Equus5O Songster

Quote:I'd look on Ebay for prices, just to get an idea. I know that my mother gets a lot of dealers at her sales, and that's where the collectibles and jewelry go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by