Yay button eggs

I haven't really checked if they require a license for buttons. It would probably be some guy's opinion anyway. I'm hoping if I stay under the radar until more people have them as pets (hopefully from me
wink.png
) then they won't be able to say anything since they obviously are a pet like any other small caged bird instead of a typical game bird. Even if someone did object I doubt they'd do anything severe for keeping buttons. Probably just tell me to pay for a license.

Quote:
you're very welcome. but yep you need a permit in NY for them. Its' aggrivating I know. Someone on here does have them in NY hopefully they reply soon, they talk about how they need a permit but dont have enough coturnix quail for them to even consider buyign a permit so they're keeping them on the downlow
wink.png

Quote:
I agree with ya! i read in one state, that they give you like 60 days to come up with buying a permit once they find you "guilty" of owning illegal to own without a permit birdies. Im sure it's different state to state but if they make a big deal out of bQs and a few coturnix that's just silly!

Quote:
for sure! I havent' even spent $100 on my quail yet! And that was buying over 100 coturnix hatching eggs, and saturday im going to be buying $60 worth of adult coturnix from a breeder an hour and a half below me....that may finnally be getting me towards $100. Coturnix's are cheap, so that $100 permit IS silly I agree! Commertial Coturnix Quail breeding time! LOL!

I tried finding out about Kentucky, but didn't find anything. I was told that I didn't need one unless I planned on selling a lot of them, or setting them free. I did, however, find out that it is illegal in KY to own a quaker parrot!! That is just crazy!! Like quakers are native here!
gig.gif

Quote:
yep theres that fact too that some places allow you to have htem without a permit just so you dont sell or release them. Here in PA i can raise bobwhites i just can't give them away or anything of that sort. I may get a pair to hybridize to my coturnixs for "bob birds" though.
smile.png

As for quaker parrots...I know why...
smile.png
They have been happily living in Brooklyn for i think decades now..yep in the snow and everything check this out: http://www.brooklynparrots.com/

they
almost made them illegal to own here in PA because of it..but everyone fought the law and the law didnt win he he!

Well that makes sense, if they can live here!

<edit> That is so neat!! I never knew there were parrots living in New York!! It is so cruel what they do to these sweet birds! I used to have one, and I loved it to death!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom