YAY!! Finally finished the inside! (PICS)

ChobeeChickenMommy

Songster
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Okeechobee, FL
wee.gif
YAY! My DH & I finally finished the inside of our coop this afternoon!! All we have to do now is get the hay for the nesting boxes (which we made out of old plastics automatic dog feeders)... We didn't have to buy anything for our coop except for the waterer ($8) and feeder ($5)! We used all "recycled" wood from around our barn & the dog feeders that we used to use in the dog breeder pin. Our boys had so much fun watching us finish this today! Now I can't wait to go pick up the silkie's from ChooksinChoppers this weekend! <3

My hubby (& my 2 year old "helping") putting the step boards up for the nesting boxes:
105510_dsc00492.jpg

The finished roosts & ladder:
105510_dsc00511.jpg

Finished nesting boxes & roosts:
105510_dsc00510.jpg

Finished nesting boxes:
105510_dsc00509.jpg

Our "Foghorn Leghorn" sitting on a roost in the run:
105510_dsc00470.jpg

Their feeder, waterer, & the closed box that holds more of their feed:
105510_dsc00506.jpg

Our babies' run: (they will get to go to the big side soon!)
105510_dsc00449.jpg

105510_dsc00490.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good - I like how you did the nest boxes-very clever!
smile.png
Some advice - if this is for silkies, you won't need that tall chicken ladder. Lower your roosts pretty low - silkies will not roost up high. Even if your roosts are 24 inches high, you might need/want a short chicken ladder for it.

Quote:
Ok thanks! We will do some low too then. Cause we also have a few EE/barnyard mixes in there too that like the taller roosts... I'm glad I posted this, now we can add the lower ones tomorrow!

Yeppers! lower roosts for silkies..they are blinded by crests (note I didnt say stupid)
lol.png
and don't like heights ...although my one silkie girl who can see better than the others liked to join the frizzle hen on her perch which was all of 12 inches high
lol.png

Quote:
My hubby just went back outside & started cutting the wood for lower roosts, lol... We are gonna put them up tomorrow, cause our other babies are going in for the night now.
smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Haha! I didn't even think of that til you said it! haha, the feeders are upside down since there is a lid so that we can dump the old hay easily & add new quickly...

Back
Top Bottom